Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i am new to these forums,

I just bought a 2004 Mazda 6 3.0L has 115k miles, whenever the engine gets close to or above 3000 rpms the car loses all power and it starts popping under the hood like its back firing..its a 5 speed so here is a better example. in 1st gear you can red line the engine if you wanted to (not saying i do this every take off just saying) in 2nd gear you can get alil above 3000 rpms before it starts popping and losing power thru the rest of the gears if you get close to 3000 rpms you lose power and the popping starts again, when the car is sitting and idling you can rev it up past 3000 rpms its only when you are driving the car. i put new EGR on it and replaced all the plugs and wires and even put all 6 new coils on it, still runs the same and another thing that got me stumped is the front manifold stays cool but the rear one gets hot almost instantly.. any suggestions would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1 on what SonicNutrition said. The diagnosis fee is relatively cheap when you think about what you have spent and what you could actually spend on additional parts chasing the Gremlin down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a similar issue. Mine turned out to be a bad fuel pump. It was fine under normal to moderate acceleration, but when I went WOT, it would backfire. It was under warranty. First the dealer replaced all the coils, but the problem remained. They metered the voltage of the fuel pump during a test drive and noticed a significant voltage drop under WOT. After the new fuel pump was installed I had zero problems with acceleration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts