Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine light came on the other day...only 450 miles exactly on my mazda6. Brought it to the dealer, they fixed it saying something was wrong with the valve, saying that Mazda had a bulletin up about it. I googled this and found it http://www.finishlineperformance.com/mazda...=%22f0621xrx%22

Is this something to worry about? Any of you guys have the same problem? Brand new car...shouldn't have any problems :huh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an 04 and my light came on last week and turns off and on now for some reason. ZGot it checked and found out its only the oxygen sensor, not a big deal. Sorry your having troubles man

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have an 04 and my light came on last week and turns off and on now for some reason. ZGot it checked and found out its only the oxygen sensor, not a big deal. Sorry your having troubles man
[/b]
Your CEL is probably from an intake or modified airbox. I have an Injen CAI and my CEL goes on and off frequently.

side note: one of my co-workers grew up in dumfries. his mom is the vice mayor (or at least was at some point) thats all, heh :D

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I had that purge valve problem when my car was very new. It died after I got gas and wouldn't start back up again. Ever since the replacement purge valve, no problems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hm, mine just threw the CEL couple days ago. Haven't had a chance yet to bring it in, but it sounds like its fairly common. I'll let ya know when I get it taken in (monday).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Took it in today. The CEL was for a "GROSS EVAP. LEAK"
Namely the gas cap was loose (I checked it when the CEL was first thrown, and it was not, but oh well). Canadian cars apparently were flashed for 2012 emissions, which are far more stict than current. There's a new flash coming out soon which should help this issue. So the tech says anyway. Oh well, CEL cleared now, we'll see if it happens again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts