Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum, havent posted in a while, but had some issues, and just wanted to know what everyone thinks. First I have a 04 6i 5 door. Bought brand new in may of 04 with 6 miles on it. That was then, this is now. 47k miles and what happens the engine starts knocking, and i get it towed to the mazda dealership, and what do they say, internal engine knock due to lack of oil. what do i say, yeah right.

i get about 4 oil changes per year, i the oil is never low, i have all reciepts except for maybe 2 when i changed myself, and mazda wants 6500 for a new used motor. I have been looking into my paperwork, and even the guys and the dealership say it is covered if i can get all reciepts starting at 5k, 10k, 15k, and so on up untill 47k thats on there now.

I have gap insurance, but dont really understand if thats just for collision (look out tree) or if this applies for it. I am in the process of getting the reciepts but just wanna know what are my options. Even if i get the car fixed (warranty) i am thinking of trading it in when it is fixed. Family is growing and we need something bigger. I love my mazda but this has just left a real bad taste in my mouth. I just want a new car start all over again, and keep all reciepts, and never change the oil myself.

All comments are welcomed.

·
Registered
680 Posts
How much oil was in there when your car started knocking?

If you cannot answer that question, then you have a problem. Even with all the receipts in the world, it is still your responsibility to maintain the proper oil level. So if your car ran out of oil, and you didn't catch it, then be prepared for a fight.

Mazda probably won't buy you a new engine. Therefore you will probably be up against Lube Brothers or whatever company did the last oil change. It will be tough to prove them at fault, but people have done it. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
fly757
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing