Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i went and bought a can of red plastic paint that looked as close to color matched to the red tubing on my intake so I could paint my engine cover. I was about to but a metallic silver sharpie and paint in the letters using that for this look: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?act=...st&id=17050 but then started to think more about it. I have a canister of touch up paint from Mazda that is color matched to my color code. I was thinking of doing the letters and emblem in the bright island blue. So it would look like the link i attached but instead of silver lettering it'd be bright island blue with the rest in black/red. what do you guys think of that idea?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I think that sounds like a great idea but it would be incredibly difficult and time consuming. I would like to see the result if you do decide to do it!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the lettering is all that would probably be done in the BIB not everything that was done in silver on the cover i linked to. i plan to start tonight on the red and continue with the blue asap :D.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
imo opinion i dont think the bib will look good with red and black. i think there is just to much going on. but it would be unique.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so in turn do you think the red/silver one i linked to looks to busy? it's no different really just a different filler color.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
im doing my color coded engine paint with a little clear coat on top to make it shine and silver sharpie. Although i do have a lapis blue car, and my theme is more of a silver and blue on my car. So silver and blue work perfect.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright well i pulled off the cover tonight, i start the paint process tomorrow and i'm hoping it'll be done drying by sunday. 2 coats of red and a clear coat sound good?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so the BIB looks like crap with the red as it clashes HORRIBLY in color. i'm painting the lines silver tonight and if anyone wants to trade with me their stock+ 15 for this one let me know i'll post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
i'd like to see how your's turns out... i had the same problem of trying to find the right color paint as the one you have shown above. anyone know what brand and where to get it at?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i've painted it all silver and today i'm going to try laying the BIB i have over the silver on a small part (oil cap area) to see how it looks. if that looks good then i'll lay down the BIB on the rest and use the silver metallic sorta like a base coat/primer :D.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts