Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find the ECT sensor location on a 2007 Escape 2.3L. It is a 2wd automatic. I know this section is for the Mazda 6 2.3 but hope someone will be able to help since the motor is basically the same.

I've spent a few hours trying to find where it's located with no luck. I even tried parts websites hoping they would have a good diagram. The Haynes manual I have access to isn't helpful at all. It only talks about the 3.0 v6 ECT sensor...

One other thing. If someone has a picture of what it should look like, please post it or post a link. I think the parts store gave me the wrong part.

· Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,812 Posts
Thanks for posting that video. Either Ford decided to put it somewhere else or they decided it wasn't needed.
According the thte venerable Haynes your model does not have the ECT (V6 only). The 4 cylinders have a cylinder head temperature (CHT) sensor on the Head.

Maybe?

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to find the ECT sensor location on a 2007 Escape 2.3L. It is a 2wd automatic. I know this section is for the Mazda 6 2.3 but hope someone will be able to help since the motor is basically the same.

I've spent a few hours trying to find where it's located with no luck. I even tried parts websites hoping they would have a good diagram. The Haynes manual I have access to isn't helpful at all. It only talks about the 3.0 v6 ECT sensor...

One other thing. If someone has a picture of what it should look like, please post it or post a link. I think the parts store gave me the wrong part.
-------------------
You may want to look into this "Service Bulletin" (aka should be a recall, but is not)
Bulletin No.: 07-007/17
DESCRIPTION Some customers may complain about poor heater performance even after the engine reaches normal operating temperature. This may be caused by a clogged heater unit. For Mazda6 and CX-5, the check engine light may illuminate with the DTC P011A:00 stored at the same time.  P011A:00 ECT sensor No.1/No.2 performance problem
NOTE: Refer to TSB 01-015/15 if the customer is using a block heater at temperatures below freezing. Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure. DIAGNOSIS PROCEDURE Perform the following diagnosis procedure to determine if the concern is caused by a clogged heater core. NOTE: DTC P011A:00 (ECT2 sensor on the heater hose) is available only for CX-5 and Mazda6.
-----------------
I am having a similar issue with my 2015 Mazda 6 GT edition. Still working on verifying the exact issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.