Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the aftermarket HKS and Greddy parts such as their oil caps and radiator caps

Do they fit our speed 6 turbo 4?

If not, what dress items are available?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like the aftermarket HKS and Greddy parts such as their oil caps and radiator caps

Do they fit our speed 6 turbo 4?

If not, what dress items are available?
[/b]
How about the Mazdaspeed radiator cap from the MS3?

·
Registered
270 Posts

[/b]
I am very interested in any engine dress up pieces for the V6. Got an oil cap off ebay that only fits the 2.3L ( it's a screw-on vs the twist off on the V6) so I'm saving it for my wife's MX5 Miata that we hope to get this spring. Would like oil caps, cover, hose lines, etc.

Anybody who has found these pieces or has recommendations would be helpful.

"I'm in love with my car,
Gotta feel for my automobile,
Get a grip on that boyracer rollbar,
String-black gloves in automolove..."

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

[/b]

Thats an oil cap.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I tried snagging that exact oil cap off of one in the lot. A salesmen saw me and asked what i was doing.........i politely replied "i was making sure it was tight" lol

·
Registered
700 Posts
are they only in red? or can u get them in black and stuff too?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Umm... engine-dress-up or whatever you call it is usually a "custom" job... it means finding colored zip-ties... colored electrical tape (which is easy to find)... and colored hose covers and such.... HOWEVER... that shit makes it look cheap and junky IMO...

Painted valve cover (ours is hidden under TMIC).... is nice but ... well ours is hidden...

The speed6 engine bay isn't really designed to be pretty... I popped the hood on some BMW's the other day checking out what they use... And BMW does a good job of making pretty engine's...

I think they just put all their time and effort into making the speed6 run properly and pumping 274+ hp outta 4 cyl.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, no big deal
I personally like the aftermarket oil caps and rad caps (not ebay crap either)

So I spoke to a guy a Street Unit and he test fit a Greddy Type S radiator cap while I was on the phone and it works just fine on our cars.
I ordered a Blitz Type 1 for my MS6 which is the same type as the Greddy Type S

The caps are 1.3 bar pressure and considered a performance cap but it really will make no difference beyond the looks. For me this adds at least 5HP hahaha

I'm working on an oil cap now.
I like the real HKS and the blue Greddy but we'll have to see what I can find out in terms of fitment.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm happy to report that my Blitz Type 1 rad cap fits and works fine plus looks better than the stock unit. The stock unit is 1.3 bar of pressure and so is the Blitz so basically this 30.00 rad cap is for looks only. Fine with me, I like the new look.
The oil cap on the other hand has been a tough road. Nobody semingly makes a cap that fits other than the stock red Mazdaspeed cap from the MS3.
Just a quick update.........

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I tried snagging that exact oil cap off of one in the lot. A salesmen saw me and asked what i was doing.........i politely replied "i was making sure it was tight" lol
[/b]
Lol i deff want to try the same thing those are pretty nice. Hopefully they are busy tomorrow :laugh:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got off the phone with Tom Masano Mazda
The red oil cap for the MS3 is p/n BLMS8ML02
The best price they can give me is $80.70
Holy Crap!
I thought it is red plastic but apparently it's red anodized aluminum. Nice....but I'm not sure I'll buy one for almost 100 bucks!
Hopefully there are other options in the future besides paying this mcuh for the stock MS3 cap or stealing one which is really lame :thumbdn:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Holy Crap!
I thought it is red plastic but apparently it's red anodized aluminum. Nice....but I'm not sure I'll buy one for almost 100 bucks!
Hopefully there are other options in the future besides paying this mcuh for the stock MS3 cap or stealing one which is really lame :thumbdn:
[/b]

HAHAHA got me a red mazdaspeed cap. Friend who works at the dealer said he wont say anything if i dont..... I can get more and sell them also.... Pm me

As For the stealing comments Come on I have the money to buy it but honestly They steal from thousands of people. what with all the b/s pricing and problems they give you.

And Like i said I can get them and sell them.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Holy Crap!
[/b]
I got a quote from one of the site sponsors, OnlineMazdaParts.com - Montgomery Mazda. My wife wanted the red mazdaspeed cap, she doesn't like the stock one at all. I called and ordered it, shipping was free. It is very high quality. I paid for mine, no stealing here. :D

Part# BLMS8ML02 MSRP-80.70 Website-64.56

Shipping on this will be free until Jan 1st at which time shipping will be 4.00 via USPS.

I would have to order it but they are readily available.

JMBaggie[/b]
Here are some pics.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I got a quote from one of the site sponsors, OnlineMazdaParts.com - Montgomery Mazda. My wife wanted the red mazdaspeed cap, she doesn't like the stock one at all. I called and ordered it, shipping was free. It is very high quality. I paid for mine, no stealing here. :D
Here are some pics.

[/b]

Your engine bay looks alot like mine :love:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are some pics.

[/b]
Thank you for the tip!
I just spoke to Jason at OnlineMazdaParts.com and he's sending me one at the price you stated with free shipping.
I can live with that price!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my Blitz "type 1" rad cap

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
how about this

its off of the jdm mazdaspeed miata. there is one on ebay right now for $40 shipped

this is a fake, but its still kind of cool

looks the same as a blitz so it should fit.

another fake, and out car doesnt realy need it but its dress up

it adds as much performance as an oil cap :sarc:

there is always silicone vacuum lines

alittle to rice for me

this will ald looks and knock off come weight

$89 shipped

thats about it other than cali's topmount's and a gt3071r

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the Odyssey battery seems to be a great deal!~
Nice find!!!!!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I do like the red MS3 cap but that is alittle much from the dealer rather put that towards something else.

·
Registered
684 Posts

J/ visted the dealership, i saw this on their display case for $32 CAD.....
dunno if it's plastic or Aluminum

friggin' fuel cap satin or chrome cost $160 CAD!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts