Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first of all bare with me.. :p I'm new into car spec and everything...

I used to read but it's the first time I get a new car and really get interested in how everything works...

Ok... I live in Middle East and I got my self a Mazda 6 2.5L ...

But I'm not sure if it's in fact a 2.5L that I got... is there a way to check ... a serial number... a picture that I could compare my 2.5l with an other one... Is the engine really different than the 2.0 cause... it almost look the same

Can anybody help me ou on that ?

·
Registered
132 Posts
QUOTE (pSyToR @ Dec 23 2008, 11:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1494296

I used to read but it's the first time I get a new car and really get interested in how everything works...

But I'm not sure if it's in fact a 2.5L that I got... is there a way to check ... a serial number... a picture that I could compare my 2.5l with an other one... Is the engine really different than the 2.0 cause... it almost look the same

Can anybody help me ou on that ?[/b]
Welcome! :)

2.5L has 4 cylinders. Open your hood and you should see 4cyl engine (16 Valve)

Here is a pic http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/0/y/M/1/ag_09m..._4cylengine.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (pSyToR @ Dec 23 2008, 11:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1494296

Can anybody help me ou on that ?[/b]
So what would be the biggest difference from the 2.0 and the 2.5 ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Dovydas @ Dec 25 2008, 03:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1494834
Sorry. I thought you are looking for 2.5 and 3.7 differences. Use this link http://wheels.lowyat.net/2008/05/14/mazda6...ially-launched/ . I think it will help you.[/b]
Thanks for the site :)

What I need is an actual "visual" difference between the 2 motors... I need to find a way to KNOW if I have a 2.5l

Let me explain... I'm renting a car from a rental company it is SUPPOSE to be a 2.5l but it look exactly the same as the older one I had... and it was suppose to be a 2.0...

I'm paying for the 2.5 like 300$ more for that... so I wanna be sure i'm not screwed...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So anybody ?

I just want to know the difference between a 2.0 and a 2.5L ... I want to find a way to confirm the difference between the 2 engine. (physical/visual way)

·
Registered
10 Posts
There should be a emissions sticker on the underside of the hood that identifies the engine family and the displacement. Of course, that applies to US market cars; the cars exported to other parts of the world may be different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts