Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My engine suddenly crack from the side and oil start leaking ( even the engine still running smoooth )
I stopped because of the oil smoke.

2016 2.5 with 250K km. I always use the best oil and most of my engine oil are 5w30 and recently 0w20 for more fual efficient.

I stopped because of the oil smoke.
What can cause the damage from inside? The crank ? But the car running smoooth !!! Maybe the balancer !! I don't know.
I will investigate after i sawp the engine.

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper

Now I'm looking for used engine to swap and heard that only 2018 will fit my car and models from 2019 and up are different.

And new engine block + hand work will cost me 3333$.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
I thought it was oil. I admit that I didn't look thoroughly at the picture. I might as well say that I don't know where to look at.
?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah, that's not a crack, something either went into your block, or came out of it. Either way it's time to get a new block.

0w-20 oil shouldn't have caused any problems, given that is the manufacturer's specified weight to use in this engine.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Man that completely sucks. Overwhelming probability is something internal broke and hit the block really hard from the inside rupturing it. I don't know where you are located, but used engines around here can be found for under $1000.00 Swapping an engine is not as difficult as it sounds, just think of it as a really large part. Oh and I'm sure I'll get attacked for this, but I would not rule out you using the wrong oil as possibly contributing to this catastrophe.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man that completely sucks. Overwhelming probability is something internal broke and hit the block really hard from the inside rupturing it. I don't know where you are located, but used engines around here can be found for under $1000.00 Swapping an engine is not as difficult as it sounds, just think of it as a really large part. Oh and I'm sure I'll get attacked for this, but I would not rule out you using the wrong oil as possibly contributing to this catastrophe.
It is shocking to me. The oil is liqui moly 5w20 molygen which should be an excellent oil with tungsten to reduce the friction.

However, I just got a new block for 2400$ and 450$ for labor charge to swap it.

Later, I will dismantle it and see what cause the internal damage.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Yeah, that's a hole, and usually happens from the inside when a rod decides it would prefer to be outside the engine rather than inside.... :cool:

But if not a rod, definitely something that should be somewhere else hit the block from the inside, and HARD. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts