Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Polished Aluminum

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to delve into another project towards the spring....

But I want to know...if I was going to put paint under the hood in select locations....what coulr would it be?

Engine cover
Throttle Body
And various accents to name a few....

personally I'm partial to either a nice deep high gloss purple..which is where i'd like the car to eventually end up...or a nice high gloss navy blue....

but I'd like to hear your thoughts on it....

-CLaman

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently the mods in this club are having fun with my poll????!!!

LOL...HOT PINK?!?!?!!!!!!!111oneoneoneeleveneleven

Classic....thats funny....props to whoever did it
--------------

I'd also like to know why you guys chose the colour that you did....

eg. polished alumin will tarnish again, (me being a stickler for details....I know i'd keep it up and keep it shiny), but it looks so plain.....

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Polished aluminum will go with anything. With a majority of those colors, you'd have to have something else on your car to pull it together making it one theme, so to say. Excluding aluminum, black, and possibly red.

Regardless, you'd have to keep it unison and somehow tied together. Otherwise, when you open your engine bay and see HOT PINK! and nothing else is hot pink... it'll just clash and look awkward.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The hot pink i think was a mod's ide of a joke because that is not certainly on my list....i think it was added after the fact...i'm just wondering which prankster pulled this off...and if they will claim it...LOL

So.....magic what you're saying is that the polished aluminumis not the focus its the combination you're recommending....

If so, i'm follwing you and i like it...

bearing in mind i have a silver car is red something you'd still recommend?

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Exactly, but red looks good. If you wanna be different and do something else outside the box of red / black / aluminum, you're gonna have to have a scheme to pull it all together. Like the theme for the rest of your car.

So.....magic what you're saying is that the polished aluminumis not the focus its the combination you're recommending....

If so, i'm follwing you and i like it...

[/b]
The polished aluminum is part of the focus of attention, but it has to compliment the rest of the car as well.

Say I did brushed aluminum accents in my engine bay, or "hyperblack" looking almost. It'd compliment my rims. Or I could do a dark red wine metallic like the interior of my car, so they'd accent each other.
OR, I could do them a dark amber like my parking lights, LED mirror covers, and sidemarker LED's... with the lights on and the engine bay opened up, it'd look sick. AND it'd be different. There's an idea for you that I just came up with... get on it and make me proud.

Get it?

·
Registered
384 Posts
i also have a silver car liek u chris...and i was thinkin of doin a project in the winter too...but i was gonna do unpolished aluminum...like same color as the CPE intake...just powder coated silver...i dotn know...maybe its just me...buti dotn like it too flashy..but i do like it clean...

but of your colors on that list...i woudl say High Gloss Black...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But the unpolished aluminum is pitted. and has that oxidation scale on it.

Are you talking more about a brushed aluminum?

I will also add that the colour that we choose here will also be used on the calipers come spring.

·
Registered
145 Posts
But the unpolished aluminum is pitted. and has that oxidation scale on it.

Are you talking more about a brushed aluminum?

I will also add that the colour that we choose here will also be used on the calipers come spring. [/b]
those are the 2 things i'm looking to do next summer... tho I have no clue how to... :p

·
Registered
649 Posts
CLaman I have a Glacier 6 also. I'm thinking i'm going to go black and silver on the outside and black and red on the interior. I have no desire to try and change the color of the LED's on the dash and if you left them red you would have to be careful about what your interior color choices would be. Since we have a silver car we can run the spectrum of colors because we have such a neutural base. I am a much bigger fan of a shade of blue then i am red but i don't plan to show the car and i'm content being lazy and sticking to the red theme since it already partially exists. What colors do you have on the inside? Do you have the Gray int? Do you plan on getting any leather? All of these things should be considered.

Out of your choices on the poll.

*Red- is common but safe.
*Yellow- will work if there isn't too much of it, you would have to accent it with black to keep it grounded.
*Black- would be retarded, it doesn't stand out at all, whats the point of painting it?
*Silver- is good but the whole car is silver plus if you do calipers and your wheels are already silver there is no contrast and so there is no appeal.
*Orange- could work but you would have to pay attention to where it is placed like the yellow you don't want to much.
*Blue- I like but it's a dark color
*Purple- Same as blue.

Remember the color wheel when modifing your car. The primary colors are Blue, Yellow, Red. The secondary are Orange, Green, Violet. The tertiary colors are combinations like Orangish-Red or Reddish-Orange. Complimentary colors are the ones that best set off each other. Red/Green, Blue/Orange, Yellow/Violet. If you stick to these for base and accent colors you should be ok.

If i were you i would go with your color purple, but i would put in some yellow. Purple calipers with Yellow mazda stickers would be sweet. A purple engine cover with yellow stripe would look good also. If you are going to bring purple into the car think about using two shades of purple, one a little more blue and one with a lot more red like a violet-red. This will help blend the colors so that the dash lights don't look out of place.

Oh and remember NEVER OUTLINE ANYTHING YOU PAINT. If you want to accent something, bring the design in from the edge, never just outline it. It looks retarded.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
great wrtie up!

I have black leather interor..so no point in going with 2 tone leather...otherwise i would have considred it.

everything is bone stock for now....I plan to go with purple LEDs in the dash but that is a furture mod...perhaps late next fall....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts