Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm new to this forum and hoped my first posts would not be like this.

I bought a 2004 mazda 6 2.0d about a month ago. Its been great with no problems then yesterday while traveling along, the engine light and i think the anti skid (car with skid lines) lights came on at the same time.

The car carried on driving the same. I called a recovery guy and he didn't have a clue what the problem was but told me that i had about 50 miles before the car goes to limp mode.

Has anyone come across these lights coming on or know what the problem is. Also is it true that the car will soon be in limp mode?

Any help would be great

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interestingly, last Tuesday (18th May) my 2006 TS2 developed exactly the same problem. With the addition that the Cruise Control will enable, but not accept a selected speed, that the engine doesn't start so readily and that the car feels unresponsive and rough.

Luckily I recently extended my warranty, so I rang a local dealer, discussed the problem and booked the car in for last Tuesday 25th (I need a courtesy car so it not so easy to book a repair).

The dealer was not sure what the problem was on the phone, but I had already come to the conclusion that the problem was due to an engine speed sensor (either CAM or Crank).

I left the car with the dealer for the whole day on Tuesday and although the OBD shows a problem with the CAM sensor, they were not able to fix it. They say that they tracked through all of the wiring (which took most of the day) but could not find the fault. They did not try changing the sensor because they didn't have a spare in stock!!

The upshot is that the problem is not fixed and the car is now booked in again for next Thursday and Friday. The dealer says that in order to change the CAM sensor they have to take off the CAM cover (which is, apparently, a long job).

Anyway, the good news is that I have covered more than 500 miles since the problem first showed itself and the car hasn't stopped yet. As I mentioned above it struggles a bit to start, especially when cold, and feels a bit unresponsive and rough ... but it does still run.

I'll let you know what they find when they, eventually, fix it.

Good Luck !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

I am having the same issues as the first post.

CEL & TCS light are on. I have had the EGR valve replaced as the code shows EGR excessive flow but this has not helped as after clearing the codes and a hundred miles the lights are back.

I have searched and found that a few people have had the same problem but I can not find the answer.

My cruise control is fine and the car seems to drive fine.

Thanks for any help you can give me

·
Registered
154 Posts
By any chance have any of you recently had a pair of tyres fitted? could also be a ABS sensor issue, would be worth checking the ABS sensors for any dirt on the end of the sensor.
By any chance do you have the codes.
Dave

·
Registered
154 Posts
Might be worth checking your brake lights, if any bulbs are blown or fuses for the dcs/tcs will also trigger this, something i bumped into on another forum.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts