Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 6i Grand Touring - 2.5L I4 Auto
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used FORScan to enable one of the personalization features called "Smart Turn". This allows the turn signals to flash 3 times and then shut off. I'm finally getting around to using FORScan and playing around with it a bit. I made a video and you guys can check it out below:

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Glad they allowed that setting to be configured in the CMU on the 3rd Gens, use it all the time. Not a bad vid, thanks for not having shitty music over top. And if you happen to dig and find any window settings, let me know cause i want to try and get the 6 master switch to work in my 3.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Glad they allowed that setting to be configured in the CMU on the 3rd Gens, use it all the time. Not a bad vid, thanks for not having shitty music over top. And if you happen to dig and find any window settings, let me know cause i want to try and get the 6 master switch to work in my 3.
Does your 3rd gen not have this feature from the factory? I thought this was a standard feature (when you just tap the stalk in one direction, not far enough to get it to stay). At least it is on my 2015 touring.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Does your 3rd gen not have this feature from the factory? I thought this was a standard feature (when you just tap the stalk in one direction, not far enough to get it to stay). At least it is on my 2015 touring.
I said glad and i use it all the time? No, you have to select it in the CMU.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car is a 2G, not 3G. 2013 is the last model year for the USDM.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad they allowed that setting to be configured in the CMU on the 3rd Gens, use it all the time. Not a bad vid, thanks for not having shitty music over top.
Thanks. I hate tutorials with music playing in the background while the presenter is speaking, so I avoid doing it. My next acquisition towards my vids will not be any tools, but will be a good microphone. This video was done with the built-in mic on my laptop. Blah.

And if you happen to dig and find any window settings, let me know cause i want to try and get the 6 master switch to work in my 3.
I believe those types of control over the windows would have to be done at the hexadecimal level by modifying the as-built parameters and not from any drop-down menu. Unfortunately, I have not seen any Mazda-specific spreadsheets for FORScan. In fact, spreadsheets are pretty hard to come by for a lot of Ford models, much less. This basically renders us at the mercy of trial and error and all the risk that this entails. There is also a method to the madness when it comes to adjusting those hexadecimal parameters. There's an Australian guy that has a YouTube channel that explains it quite well. Here he is installing cruise control on a Mazda3:

Here is a spreadsheet for the 2G Fusion. I have no idea how much commonality 2G Fusion would have with 2G Mazda6 (CD4 vs CD3 platforms, respectively), but it might be a good starting point and worth a shot if you're feeling adventurous.

This is research that I would love to do if I could get my hands on a Mazda6 that was on its way to the junkyard anyway.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally got hold of the vLinker FS that I mentioned in the video. It has automatic switching between MS and HS CAN buses and makes viewing live data from both buses simultaneously possible. So for example, I can view data from the powertrain control module (HS CAN bus) and the instrument cluster (MS CAN bus) at the same time. It's usually $37.99 but I got it for $34.99 on sale. At the time of this posting that 8% discount is still available. Go get it!

Peripheral Input device Font Gadget Computer component

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I've heard of this spreadsheet, but I haven't actually come across it as yet. And it's not for want of trying.

UPDATE: I found it...It's amazing how a bit of motivation can help direct the bow of the ship.

SergSlim's Mazda3 FORScan Spreadsheet

For those who are interested (link is also in the description below the video):

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Top vid again. I've got a gen 3 where this is standard but I really need to have a dig into ForScan as there's loads of stuff that I could mess with.

:LOL:
Thanks. There's a certain level of confidence (and hesitation, actually) with the power that FORScan wields. You can really get to the heart of the matter, or you can really screw things up royally. I say go for it. If you get the 3 year licence and you get a vLinker FS, your total investment would be somewhere around $60. UNBEATABLE value!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts