Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys found this on youtube. Seems to not work when I try it. Has anyone done this on a 2018 to enable the touch screen while driving?

theres a video on youtube

·
Registered
66 Posts
As of now the only method is to tap into the UART connection on the head unit harness and use the AIO tweaks script. The method to get into the engineering menu was disabled in newer versions of v59 software. I'm currently searching for another way as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If anyone has the procedure for accessing the CMU in 2018 6’s, it would be appreciated. All the videos and written manuals I’ve found thus far are for 14-17, which have a different dashboard setup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah man total crap it won’t even let me check my messages while driving says safety issue. So I can read the radio stations song and that’s safe but not a message or touch the screen. The most idiotic thing ever. Gotta enable this somehow!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yeah man total crap it won’t even let me check my messages while driving says safety issue. So I can read the radio stations song and that’s safe but not a message or touch the screen. The most idiotic thing ever. Gotta enable this somehow!

IMO, touch screensare probably the worse addition to cars ever.

Really wish I had the option at the dealer to have a sport stick trim radio face instead of the touch screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,401 Posts
Umm, because a radio station song is usually one or two words, not a long message from a friend rambling about nothing.

If you're so concerned about texting while you're driving, you have two choices: pull over, or let someone else drive. It'll do everyone else a favor on the road around you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From MZD Firmware (FW) version 59.00.502 to 70.00.100 you can do the old serial access (www.mazdatweaks.com/serial). For the current 70.00.335 you have to do the new serial access (www.mazdatweaks.com/id7). With doing so, you enable the possibility to install tweaks via USB. Then you could install the touchscreen tweak from AIO Tweaks (www.mazdatweaks.com). This enables touch while driving for the MZD - and if installed also for Apple CarPlay (CP). For an officially installed Android Auto (AA) it is not possible to enable touch at all. And if you think about installing the AIO AA tweak, at which touch works, remember that this is not as stable as original Mazda AA and AIO AA does not work with any FW 70 at all. All on your own risk. This is the only way to enable touch while driving for newer MZD firmware versions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts