Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my miniature crotch goblin spilled their juice all over my backseat. In the process of removing it, I discovered this empty connector. Any idea what it could be for? Pre-wire for an amplifier?

2018 Mazda6 Sport M/T
Rectangle Automotive design Wood Automotive exterior Vehicle door

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hard to argue with the parts diagram, but I agree that is bizarre. Thanks for the input, guess I’ll have to find a different way to wire in that teenage horizontal position immobilizer…

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I've had my 2015 Sport's rear seat out and that connector is not there. Also, the PCM is in the engine compartment on these cars so it cannot be a "heater" for same.

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
3,731 Posts
I've had my 2015 Sport's rear seat out and that connector is not there. Also, the PCM is in the engine compartment on these cars so it cannot be a "heater" for same.
Take note the unit is an ECU (Electronic Control Unit) not PCM (Powertrain Control Module) in spite of my earlier mistake.
It could also be that you have a 2015 and not a 2018 and seat heaters were not available for those. :unsure:
Mazda Ecu. Heater. Seat heater control module. 60% side seat back. Control | Jim Ellis Mazda Parts, Marietta GA
The Mazda diagram is for a 2017 forward.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
I suspect that's what its for (rear seat heaters) and were likely not available on the 2015s, thus no connector.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts