Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Have a 2008 mazda 6 that failed the NCT on emissions. Readings were miles off

Low Idle (700 rpm)
CO 5.96 Vol%
HC 271 ppm

High Idle (3000 rpm)
Lambda 0.81
CO 7.17 vol%
HC 350 ppm

Mechanic says it COULD just need a new oxygen sensor but for the age of the car and needing new brake pads he was leaning towards me scrapping the car but I love the car and hate to see waste. So wondering if anyone on here would be able to look at these odb readings and tell me if they think oxygen sensor should do the trick and then a bit of cataclean after might get me past the nct.

First MAF with two revs seems normal

Worried about the cat fail on that but not sure could that be sensor 2?

This is with a warmed up engine and multiple 3000 revs and nothing changes. I think its meant to be close to zero mA on sensor 1? and moving back to zero but this just stays at 6.35mA

Here is a list of all the readings at idle

Then a list of all readings at 2000 RPM

If you need any more readings or info just ask and I'll post them

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to give their time to reply.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi all. Have a 2008 mazda 6 that failed the NCT on emissions. Readings were miles off

Worried about the cat fail on that but not sure could that be sensor 2?
Hey man, You didn't say if 4 or 6 cylinders...

I have an '04 V6 hatchback 5 speed manual. About 4 years ago at about 165K miles I was getting the MIL even though I kept trying one thing at a time, from O2 sensors, to EGR purge valve solenoid, and few other odds & ends. After 2 humiliating stops from my local police for an R (reject) emissions sticker I finally bit the bullet and bought the 2 catalytic converter/exhaust manifolds at about $950 each. Then paid about $500 to have them installed at a local shop. I've done a lot of work on this car, but that job was NOT something I was willing to attempt.

The MIL has NOT come on since and it's been 4 years and another 50K miles of happy motoring. For me, even though at the time it seemed crazy, it was well worth it. My older son has been driving this car to college and back for two years now, and it's been trouble free and the car owes me nothing!

Your car is 4 years newer, and if the rest of it is in good shape and you're willing to go the long haul with it, it might be worth the money. Let me know how you end up with this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts