Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does any body know if the california state emission prats make the cars lose power compared to those who dont have all the emission parts like those found in other states?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Replying to Topic 'emissions'

I'd say yes, since the emission system is more restrictive for Cali. I'd say you lose about 5-10 hp with ULEV equipment.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Reading Topic: emissions

Is there a separate set of SMOG parameters to pass for ULEV cars? That is, if some ULEV equipment is removed, and the car still is within normal SMOG regs, would it fail because it's a ULEV-classified car (I'm not talking about the visual inspection test)?

-Alt

·
Registered
319 Posts

I sure don't think so. All 6's in the US come 50 state legal, and all have the same power figures. Think of it as the most common denominator I guess. Cal has the most stringent laws, and the rest of the country gets their cars the same way. Nothing like California law makers setting the policy for the other 49 states...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Replying to Topic 'emissions'

Originally posted by Jerome81

I sure don't think so.  All 6's in the US come 50 state legal, and all have the same power figures.  Think of it as the most common denominator I guess.  Cal has the most stringent laws, and the rest of the country gets their cars the same way.  Nothing like California law makers setting the policy for the other 49 states...[/b]
Are you saying there's no difference in US cars. A NH, KY, CA car are the same ?

·
Registered
514 Posts

I think there is a difference in CA cars... you pay extra for "CA SMOG equipment" on CA cars...

-Alt

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Well i know you pay more for a fact for ULEV Smog Equipment but Ca being more strict has put more flow restrictive parts on to clean up the exhaust fumes. So you cant say that a car from any other state is the same as a new car bought in CA.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

yah thas true but our cops here are anti-racers...they check engines here alot bcuz some peeps here carry alot of hot sheit....they sometimes check engine serials too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts