Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, got a 2003 6s. There is an AEM short ram intake installed on it, and it just failed emissions. I searched the forums but wasn't able to find anything really specific on it.

I saw someone said I should just revert to stock for the test. But I also saw somewhere that you need to let it go for a week or so before the test on stock so the computer can adjust, is this true? I need to get the test done by wednesday.

Also, is there any way to enrichen the fuel mixture? He said the car is reading too lean, is there a quick fix for this?

Alright, thanks alot guys, sorry for the n00bish question ~
- Keith

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Put everything back to stock and disconnect the battery while you do it. You'll need several drive cycles for it to correct itself. If you change it back today, you should be fine by wednesday.

Anyone else?????

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
depending on your state will change what you need to do. in CA, you have to have..crap, i wanna say 500 miles on the car from last battery disconnect? it might be less, you'd have to look.

but what you are saying is the CEL is failing the test, not really the actual intake. it leans you out (better emissions), but tends to throw a CEL for not being what mazda wants to see.

you're best bet is to put back to stock, clear battery and get some driving done. with a few drive cycles, or driving, turning off the car, and so on.

again, might be different in other states, maybe you can just clear the code before hand and drive there....but the actually scan the car to get the info here.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys
thanks so much for the quick reply! i really appreciate that.

alright, i guess i'll use to weekend to push out 50 miles give or take
so just make sure i disconnect the battery as i do it?
i also saw some stuff about pumping the break before i turn it on or something, does that help?

thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
hey guys
thanks so much for the quick reply! i really appreciate that.

alright, i guess i'll use to weekend to push out 50 miles give or take
so just make sure i disconnect the battery as i do it?
i also saw some stuff about pumping the break before i turn it on or something, does that help?

thanks!
[/b]
Disconnecting the battery negative terminal, and touching it to the possitive terminal (that is still hooked up) will drain the capacitors in the vehicle computers (HEC, ECM, TCM, ect ect).

Your long term fuel trims with come into tune quite quickly once your your stock air inlet is reinstalled.

However you will have a P1000 (KAM reset, OB2 drive cycles not complete) untill you complete enough drive cycles. This will fail some states emisions tests, I dont know about where you are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Sweet35th
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing