Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 and was wondering if the rear emblems were riveted on or glued. I bought a new carbon fiber grill kit for it without the M and was wondering how hard it would be to take off the rear emblems.

Please Help!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
This really should be posted in Exterior mods.

If the speed is like the rest, the only emblem not glued is the flying M on the trunk. But, I'm kinda guessing on the speed. :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
on the speed6 the mazdaspeed6 is 2 sided taped on, just use fishing line to "cut" the tape, then use goof off to remove the residue that remains. As for the "M", it's taped AND riveted. On the backside there are 2 rubber/plastic grommets holding it in place. If you do remove them, you will have to fill the holes. If you are painting them, be careful when removing the M. I broke off one of the pins when trying to get off the grommets. I just siliconed the one from the inside... It hasn't moved in 3 months... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This really should be posted in Exterior mods.

If the speed is like the rest, the only emblem not glued is the flying M on the trunk. But, I'm kinda guessing on the speed. :)
[/b]

Thanks for the help.

on the speed6 the mazdaspeed6 is 2 sided taped on, just use fishing line to "cut" the tape, then use goof off to remove the residue that remains. As for the "M", it's taped AND riveted. On the backside there are 2 rubber/plastic grommets holding it in place. If you do remove them, you will have to fill the holes. If you are painting them, be careful when removing the M. I broke off one of the pins when trying to get off the grommets. I just siliconed the one from the inside... It hasn't moved in 3 months... :)
[/b]

Thanks, I really would have been mad at myself if I just started ripping stuff off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts