Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So pretty much Corsa is about 5 min from my home (I live in a fun area, PPG, flaming river, corsa, mallet bros are all 5 min from me).

So a few years ago the head owner of corsa pulled me over while I was hot rodding my father's xkr and wanted to use it for prototyping. Nothing much came from it as we noticed a few challeging issues that were not working out for a system which might sell 40 units overall. So it died..

But I just emailed today explaining everything including how bad the magnaflow system is. They've made ss cobalt systems even so I'd say the odds of them using my car are pretty decent.

I even let them know if they dont want to produce a whole system we have one large market for people wanting to replace the stock faux tips. I can only imagine perfectly fitted/shaped corsa double walled polished tips replacing the trim rings.

So who knows, hopefully I'll hear back soon. But they've been expanding so much lately they might not have the time for a while to go out of their way to prototype some more.

I'll post on their reply.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Sounds interesting...let us know what they say.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Lol! I called last week to speak w/ the Products Development Manager but he was out of the office until Monday and I haven't had the time to call back yet.

I live like 15 mins from there... where u live at?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol! I called last week to speak w/ the Products Development Manager but he was out of the office until Monday and I haven't had the time to call back yet.

I live like 15 mins from there... where u live at?
[/b]
Strongsville, you?
It depends on who they tried to put your call through to Jim Browning JR is the owners son. More of the special projects guy, the guy I emailed. Do you remember who you were going to speak with?

Strongsville, you?
It depends on who they tried to put your call through to Jim Browning JR is the owners son. More of the special projects guy, the guy I emailed. Do you remember who you were going to speak with?
[/b]
Just spoke with a guy named Paul there and they are passing on the info to Jim Browning JR and SR for study and eventual approval. They seemed VERY interested with how poor the magnaflow system actually is and how it's a chance to one up them again.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Strongsville, you?
[/b]
I'm in River. I was gonna talk w/ Ed "Blake" Burgy. Let them know my car is available too, if they need anything.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in River. I was gonna talk w/ Ed "Blake" Burgy. Let them know my car is available too, if they need anything.
[/b]
Will do, they are interested in even doing a muffler with tip replacement combo since everyone hate the tips with a passion if a full system it deemed not worth making.

They were interested and took note about magnoflows system lol

·
Registered
580 Posts
Will do, they are interested in even doing a muffler with tip replacement combo since everyone hate the tips with a passion if a full system it deemed not worth making.

[/b]
Nice man, keep me posted. U have AIM?

·
Registered
396 Posts

[/b]
Those ugly tips protect the bumper from heat. They are made out of alumuminum. Make sure they know that when they design the tips.

You should hear my custom exhaust before you descide on Corsa.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those ugly tips protect the bumper from heat. They are made out of alumuminum. Make sure they know that when they design the tips.

You should hear my custom exhaust before you descide on Corsa.
[/b]
Yep but the cost difference between the 2 is truely amazing. I give it only a 20% chance, the deal usually is keep in 2-3 days get a system and you get to run around with the pre-production in the meanwhile as well. No instal costs nada...

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
We're meeting at the Winking Lizard in Lakewood tomorrow @ 7:00, you can check out Ralph's exhaust then, if you Cleveland area members can make it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice man, keep me posted. U have AIM?
[/b]
I do but since I started working in the real world I dont go on.. Heck I havent touched aim since June.

I'll keep you in the loop, my only doubt is the fact that they havent touched any evos or stis first..

We're meeting at the Winking Lizard in Lakewood tomorrow @ 7:00, you can check out Ralph's exhaust then, if you Cleveland area members can make it.
[/b]
Thanks for the invite, Ralph passed it to me a few hours ago as well.

As of right now I'm taking life easily so I really wont be able to make it out. I had emergency mouth surgery a week ago due to a severe infection and I'm still on a very heavy dose of antibiotics. Which I need to watch my diet for. Otherwise I'd be game

·
Registered
396 Posts
I do but since I started working in the real world I dont go on.. Heck I havent touched aim since June.

I'll keep you in the loop, my only doubt is the fact that they havent touched any evos or stis first..
Thanks for the invite, Ralph passed it to me a few hours ago as well.

As of right now I'm taking life easily so I really wont be able to make it out. I had emergency mouth surgery a week ago due to a severe infection and I'm still on a very heavy dose of antibiotics. Which I need to watch my diet for. Otherwise I'd be game
[/b]
I can only imagine as to why you had a mouth infection.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can only imagine as to why you had a mouth infection.

[/b]
tooth abscess, dont get any ideas...

Let just say the pus in the diagram went from one ear to the other along my bottom jaw and mainly my left side of my face looked like a grapefruit was trying to bulge through..

I thought I could be a man about the tooth ache but after three days and almost blacking out from the pain the infection spread uncontrolably..

Worst days of my life :(

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
wife works for a dentist, so we understand when it comes abcesses, etc.

·
Registered
595 Posts
a good cheaper - good performing system would be to replace the exhaust from the y pipe back. The stock midpipe is very straight, with almost no bends. The stock y pipe sucks, along with the mufflers.

·
Registered
431 Posts
a good cheaper - good performing system would be to replace the exhaust from the y pipe back. The stock midpipe is very straight, with almost no bends. The stock y pipe sucks, along with the mufflers.
[/b]
Agreed, if one that replaced out stock system from just ahead of the OEM Y-pipe with some streetable high flow mufflers and good fitting end tips, I'd be all over it. :)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Strongsville, you?
Just spoke with a guy named Paul there and they are passing on the info to Jim Browning JR and SR for study and eventual approval. They seemed VERY interested with how poor the magnaflow system actually is and how it's a chance to one up them again.
[/b]
Do you have a Titanium Grey Speed? If so, you're the one I keep getting mistaken for. Buddy of mine was dating a girl that works at Corsa, was hoping the bug I put in her ear might help us out too.

Jason

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you have a Titanium Grey Speed? If so, you're the one I keep getting mistaken for. Buddy of mine was dating a girl that works at Corsa, was hoping the bug I put in her ear might help us out too.

Jason
[/b]
Nope Black Mica here. If anyone's around SouthPark mall or Pearl road and sees a black ms6 chances are it's me. At night I usually stick out with my redic bright LED liscence plate lights.

·
Registered
431 Posts
So pretty much Corsa is about 5 min from my home (I live in a fun area, PPG, flaming river, corsa, mallet bros are all 5 min from me).

So a few years ago the head owner of corsa pulled me over while I was hot rodding my father's xkr and wanted to use it for prototyping. Nothing much came from it as we noticed a few challeging issues that were not working out for a system which might sell 40 units overall. So it died..

But I just emailed today explaining everything including how bad the magnaflow system is. They've made ss cobalt systems even so I'd say the odds of them using my car are pretty decent.

I even let them know if they dont want to produce a whole system we have one large market for people wanting to replace the stock faux tips. I can only imagine perfectly fitted/shaped corsa double walled polished tips replacing the trim rings.

So who knows, hopefully I'll hear back soon. But they've been expanding so much lately they might not have the time for a while to go out of their way to prototype some more.

I'll post on their reply.
[/b]
BUMP for update... :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts