Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Is there any way to bypass the fuel cut on these cars, such as a Fuel Cut defender, etc.?? I've searched the forum, but haven't found any information on it.

2. Does anyone offer a performance "re-flash" for our computers yet?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
68 Posts
1. Is there any way to bypass the fuel cut on these cars, such as a Fuel Cut defender, etc.?? I've searched the forum, but haven't found any information on it.

2. Does anyone offer a performance "re-flash" for our computers yet?

Thanks again!
[/b]
Just be patient and the AccessPort from Cobb will fix all your issues.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just be patient and the AccessPort from Cobb will fix all your issues.
[/b]
I'm patient, but not THAT patient. They are saying it will be around the 1st quarter of 2007. From my experience (not with Cobb, but in general), I know that to mean it will be around the 2nd-3rd quarter of 2007 if we're lucky!

Are there no fuel cut defenders out there that will work on our cars??

Thanks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think before you decide on altering fuel cut you need to find out what the fuel system is capapble of delivering before going lean. No one seems to know this yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think before you decide on altering fuel cut you need to find out what the fuel system is capapble of delivering before going lean. No one seems to know this yet.
[/b]
That part was a given for me. I've already got a WBO2 hooked up, and the car is crazy rich. Figured to start off with, I'd just monitor knock and AF, and turn up the boost until AF hangs around 11.5:1 at WOT. That is if I can get rid of fuel cut. Guess I'll call TurboXS Monday....

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
That part was a given for me. I've already got a WBO2 hooked up, and the car is crazy rich. Figured to start off with, I'd just monitor knock and AF, and turn up the boost until AF hangs around 11.5:1 at WOT. That is if I can get rid of fuel cut. Guess I'll call TurboXS Monday....
[/b]
TurboXs is the way to go. Jermaine or any of the guys over there can help you. They told me their fuel cut defender will do the job on our cars.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TurboXs is the way to go. Jermaine or any of the guys over there can help you. They told me their fuel cut defender will do the job on our cars.
[/b]
SWEET!!! That's what I wanted to hear!

Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
[/b]
I plan on installing mine next weekend. I've got a ton of boxes in my living room floor from TurboXS! Even went and picked up a used Gameboy Advanced yesterday.

Now, if I can get ahold of Jermaine for a few questions, I'd be golden!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[/b]
Talked to Nathan at TurboXS yesterday and he said that they had never tried it on a Speed6 yet. So they don't know if it will work, or even how to hook it up. I don't really want to be a guinea pig.

Anyone else heard the same thing?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Someone has to come up with something. The colder air is making it even worse. Today in 4th I hit fuel cut at just barely over 4k at WOT @17psi ... this sucks.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Are you guy's trying to add a lb or 2 of boost and hitting the fuel cutoff or are you just running stock PSI and carrying it out to redline (if it will even do that) and hitting the fuel cut?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you guy's trying to add a lb or 2 of boost and hitting the fuel cutoff or are you just running stock PSI and carrying it out to redline (if it will even do that) and hitting the fuel cut?
[/b]
All I did was built a 3" exhaust system for it and removed the large catalytic converter. I haven't added any boost and also still have the stock airbox and filter in place. You don't have to go anywhere near redline to get fuel cut. It's pissing me off too.

I'm thinking about trying an E-Manage Ultimate. Supposedly it will work on our cars, but nobody can seem to say 100% for sure. Go figure.

·
Registered
347 Posts
[/b]

Both.

15 psi over 6500 rpm and bam - fuel cut.

Yesterday I hit fuel cut waaay early as I said at 17psi. Much sooner than normal - it's the cold air.. it was about 45 degrees.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Would Fuel Cut out cause Hesitation under WOT. I am noticing under Hard Accelleration, usually just after shifting to 3rd (my guess between 4.5-5.5k) I get a pause, just for a second or less before continuing on. I was planning having the dealer look at this on Friday if they are able to reproduce it. Seems to be more prevalent when the car is colder and I just started noticing it in the last week (air temps have cooled here in Austin, TX). Any suggestions? Could it be as simple as bad gas?

Edit: is happening with DSC On and Off

·
Registered
396 Posts
Would Fuel Cut out cause Hesitation under WOT. I am noticing under Hard Accelleration, usually just after shifting to 3rd (my guess between 4.5-5.5k) I get a pause, just for a second or less before continuing on. I was planning having the dealer look at this on Friday if they are able to reproduce it. Seems to be more prevalent when the car is colder and I just started noticing it in the last week (air temps have cooled here in Austin, TX). Any suggestions? Could it be as simple as bad gas?

Edit: is happening with DSC On and Off
[/b]
Fuel cut is like hitting the rev limiter. It is a hard limiter. It's not a hesitation.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I guess what I am trying to ask is if no MBC has been installed and only the addition of, lets say, a Catless downpipe cause the car to hit fuel cut. Just curious but it seems like the only fuel cut problems are ocuring when soemone is using a Boost controller, correct?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
That is correct.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts