Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2005 Mazda6 I
I'm a little confused, in order to finish my installation I have 3 wires that need to be connected to the car ... 1 is ground (not a problem to do), 2 is the ACC power (don't know what color wire is it on the car), and 3 is a wire that needs to be connected to a constant power(which one and what color wire?).
My problem is that I need to know what color wires from the car do i need to connect them to. The installation was written in a very short form (see below).
Automatic Folding
Yellow -> Constant Power
Red ---> Switched Power (ACC)
Black -> Ground

LED Wire
White (+) LED signal
Black (-) LED signal
Mazda6 mirror connector
Green -> Red (mirror)
Blue ---> Gray (mirror)

THE AUTOMATIC FOLDING IS WHAT I'M HAVING PROBLEMS WITH
THE OTHER PARTS IS SELF EXPLANATORY AS YOU INSTALL IT

The mirrors are equipped with:

Electronic folding ( with remote control folding )
Power mirror
LED signal Mirror cover (Yellow LED)
Blue tint mirror with wide angle vision
Heated mirror
LED signal Mirror (Red LED)--This mirror is a unit set NOT using double side tape
*Remote control folding: This will allow you fold the mirror with your exist factory remote.
Lock: The mirror will fold in
Unlock: Mirror will fold out

So I need your help, if anyone can tell me what color is the acc power and what color is the constant power.
Thank you all in advance.
Luis.

Note, I'll be posting pics of my car soon after that installation is done and the other leds are connected!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I hooked mine to a seperate switch, I didn't want them to retract everytime the the car went off.

This link should help along with a few other how to's (Thanks to Blackmagik Productions)

DIY

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure about either one, but I'm curious as to where you bought them :)
[/b]
I bought them through ebay....its expensive but if u buy directly through them u can save $100 and u can have them painted if u want for add. $35

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hooked mine to a seperate switch, I didn't want them to retract everytime the the car went off.

This link should help along with a few other how to's (Thanks to Blackmagik Productions)

DIY
[/b]
The mirrors came with a button to turn on or off, i'll most likely use the button rather than having them open up whenever the car goes off.... which swtich did u hook it with?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
is this one from ebay, anything like the one Performance Racing sells?
Cause I really like that one. I think that's the one FICHSTIX got.

---Aloha

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
They're all the same, I purchased from PRacing $329 shipped. Speedline Internationsl also sells them on ebay for $353 shipped.

I couldn't put a switch on the Speed6 dash so I put a small switch in the ashtray and hooked the power wire to the lighter and I grounded to the hand brake. I put the yellow wire in the fuse box.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Interesting never knew about these products. What do you guys think about the Mazda6 rear under lower strut bar? It's $57 Not sure if I would spend $500 on electric folding mirrors rather get CF hood

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
too expensive for my taste.
for 125 shipped it would be a considerable mod. 350 is wayyy to much for my taste. I bet it will look swee though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm almost temped to get these for my wife's Mazda 6. She already broke one mirrow that i had to replace because she took it off driving out of the garage.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Fichstix, do you have any problems aiming your mirrors? My friend just installed JDM power folding mirrors on is MX-6 and he can't get them to go exactly where he wants to. Like the mirrors have limits on there motion.

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Fichstix, do you have any problems aiming your mirrors? My friend just installed JDM power folding mirrors on is MX-6 and he can't get them to go exactly where he wants to. Like the mirrors have limits on there motion.
[/b]

have the mirrors only thing i hate is the mirror itself...
[/b]

I don't have a problem with adjusting the mirrors. I had a 1990 Mazda 626 and the mirrors on it were much bigger than the folding mirrors and it took sometime time getting used to something smaller. The mirrors on mine have a light bule tint on them after I took them apart I noticed that on the other side they had regular mirror.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts