Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just finished putting in the El wire last night.
look good, or no?
oooh looks pretty kool. can you get a pic of it when its completely dark, with the overhead cabin lights all off, so i can see how it looks together with all the glowing knobs, etc.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I like it. Are you gonna do a write up with parts?

Can you put up a day shot too?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's actually no brighter than the lights on the head unit. I just took the picture from the back seat so you could see it better, from the front seat it just gives off an accent glow and you cant even see the wire. Il post the req pic's tonight after work.

·
Super Moderator
17,219 Posts
I like it! Good job. I'm a sucker for LEDs and shiny things haha.

*starts thinking of places to use this in 2014*

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
As promised here's the pictures. The nice thing about this mod is it only costed about $15 and the way i installed it you can't see one wire (was ran through the black wood trim. and i used no adhesive, glue etc so if i ever want to remove it i can just pull it right off. (note that is a phone charger thats plugged in)

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
now is there somewhere i can buy this that comes in just positive and negative wire leads? i wanna hardwire it. possibly into the radio pos and negative but maybe somewhere else

·
Super Moderator
17,219 Posts
Just snag one off of Amazon for $4 and you'll get 9Ft of cable - Don't know if it's cuttable or not though because I certainly won't be using that much. They come with a little battery pack but have all the wires you need.

I'm going to snag one of these and tap into my courtesy lights so this comes on when you open the doors! :blink:
@Sideways the Seven might want to know what I"m up to haha.

·
Super Moderator
17,219 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i bought 15ft not knowing how much i would need. but you can cut it to length. as far as hard wiring it goes. i bought the cigarette lighter one and i cut the wires and wired it to the light in the shifter panel.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i bought 15ft not knowing how much i would need. but you can cut it to length. as far as hard wiring it goes. i bought the cigarette lighter one and i cut the wires and wired it to the light in the shifter panel.
hm can you post some pics of how you hardwired it into the shifter panel? :DD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hm can you post some pics of how you hardwired it into the shifter panel? :DD

Sorry ive neglected to respond sooner ive been busy sanding and painting my replacement front bumper :/. It's really easy to hardwire it. you just pull up the trim around the shifter panel. You have to pull up the "E" Brake than the cupholders and the panel surrounding the shifter panel pull right off. On the left side you will see two wires going into the panel ones green and the others black. I just stripped some of the coating off the two wires and soldered them that way (greens power). The reason i didn't post the pictures was because i have alot of wires running through that trim from my other projects and i didnt want to have to tuck them all in agian. Sorry for my lazyness :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts