Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago I was delivering with my 2016 Mazda 6 with 109k miles. It was parked on a slight hill while running when I got into it and put it into reverse. Then the screen when dark and I instantly started smelling an electrical burn. After I turned it off I could not start it without putting the key fob on the button itself. I have determined that the ROOM FUSE keeps on blowing (I only blew 2 fuses, before I stopped replacing them), the PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW is the only window that doesn't move anymore, none of the interior lights turn on and the key fob doesn't work anymore (the key battery is good). The only fuse that is blown is the room fuse. A local Mazda dealership in Atlanta wanted a base of $650 (4 hrs of labor) to just determine the problem. I simply cannot afford that right now because all of my gigs were cancelled and I am jobless during this coronavirus time. This gives me a lot of time to try and determine the problem myself. But I don't have a wiring diagram, and I have not been able to adequately diagnose this shortage issue.

I have tools (multi-meter) and a circuit tester.

Any advice? Does anyone know where I can locate a wiring/electrical diagram?

I am very frustrated and with a lot of shops closing down and low funds I will not be able to afford to take it to a shop. I don't want to keep starting it because I continue to smell electrical burning.

Can anyone help or advise?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is the link, www. cardiagn.com/2014-2016-mazda-6-service-repair-manual-wiring-diagram/
When you get in the website, scroll down and look for the year of your vehicle. Hope it helps you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A few days ago I was delivering with my 2016 Mazda 6 with 109k miles. It was parked on a slight hill while running when I got into it and put it into reverse. Then the screen when dark and I instantly started smelling an electrical burn. After I turned it off I could not start it without putting the key fob on the button itself. I have determined that the ROOM FUSE keeps on blowing (I only blew 2 fuses, before I stopped replacing them), the PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW is the only window that doesn't move anymore, none of the interior lights turn on and the key fob doesn't work anymore (the key battery is good). The only fuse that is blown is the room fuse. A local Mazda dealership in Atlanta wanted a base of $650 (4 hrs of labor) to just determine the problem. I simply cannot afford that right now because all of my gigs were cancelled and I am jobless during this coronavirus time. This gives me a lot of time to try and determine the problem myself. But I don't have a wiring diagram, and I have not been able to adequately diagnose this shortage issue.

I have tools (multi-meter) and a circuit tester.

Any advice? Does anyone know where I can locate a wiring/electrical diagram?

I am very frustrated and with a lot of shops closing down and low funds I will not be able to afford to take it to a shop. I don't want to keep starting it because I continue to smell electrical burning.

Can anyone help or advise?
i tried putting a link, also a screenshot but unable both times, vv vv vv car manuals hub com and look for the year and model. You might need to sign an address. Make one if not comfortable, as it has the option to send it to your go o gle drive. Its free by the way, and has lots of information, even I saw a program or software about 4.5 GB I believe is for the laptops to install it and do scan, coding, etc. And a video that shows how to use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts