Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have been having some electrical issues lately and was wondering if anyone could recommend some starting steps or perhaps know what the problem is.

My first issue is with my iPod adapter. I have a GROM adapter and it worked great for a few months. Just recently the audio has begun to dim and come back at random times. The speakers are fine because this does not happen with the radio. My guess is that a wire came loose or something came loose behind the console. However, it doesn't make sense that if I wait a few minutes the sound comes back to a normal level. Also, every morning it works fine; just after a few minutes or hours of driving does this issue occur.

My second issue is with my fog lights. I have 6k HID lights installed in the fog positions. Yesterday when I went to turn on my fog lights, they did not come on. My main headlights still work so I can at least drive around at night but I would like to fix this as soon as possible. I checked all the fuses today and none of them were blown. However, there is a 20A fuse in the fog spot where a 15A should be. I did try another 20A fuse because that is all I have for spares and it still did not work. Assuming that it is not a fuse issue, what should be my first steps to troubleshoot this problem.

Lastly, I am in dire need of some new fuses for the fuse box near the brake pedal. I know where to get fuses for the box in the engine compartment but I could not get my hands on any mini-fuses that fit in the box near the pedal. Can anyone recommend a place online to buy some, seeing as how no radioshack or auto parts store near me has them in stock.

Thanks for any advice,
Ben

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The issue has been fixed. It was due to the relay hanging down in the engine bay and overheating. I zip-tied the headlight and foglight relays to the air box and replaced the bad foglight relay. Still no clue about the iPod problem though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts