Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

Recently my passenger and rear windows have stopped working. The drivers window does work however when this first happened the full auto wind didn't work for a day or two but is now, this does happen sometimes and usually starts working again a few days later.

I have checked the fuse box and could see a fuse in each for primary wind which is a 30A fuse but they were both fine.

I'm not sure where else to look. has anyone else experienced this or perhaps point me in the right direction as to where I should look?

Regards,
James.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
le sigh...

1. Turn key on
2. Press and HOLD driver's front window switch until window is down (doesn't have to be completely down)
3. Pull up and HOLD switch for THREE SECONDS after window is all the way up. You might hear a click noise.
4. Repeat for passenger side window FROM PASSENGER SIDE SWITCH ON PASSENGER DOOR.
5. Repeat for all other doors.

·
Registered
858 Posts
It's also on page 3-25 of the owner's manual. But we understand if you lost it or don't have it readily available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for this guys.

I do have the manual readily available but I assumed something had broken as the radio had lost all its settings also. I take it this is a feature rather than a fault.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Clock time, radio settings, odometer trip A/B settings will be lost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That technique worked great. I hadn't realized that all the individual buttons were still working. I assumed as the drivers control unit wasn't working they all weren't.

I'm not sure why it happened after a stall but I suppose it doesn't matter now.

I appreciate the help.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help

Ok guys,

Ive looked at alot of these forums and all say the same thing for the same issue as above. Turn key to ON etc etc.

My only problem is....none of my doors switches work. None of the windows will roll up or down. So I cant tell if this will even work. In fact i can say that it doesn't cause i've tried it a few times. It all started like most people say, i disconnected the battery, they worked for a few days, the auto stopped, then couldnt control other doors from driver side. But thats where the similarities seem to end. Checked the fuse and its good. Is this something i should just cave in and go to the dealer?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Ok guys,

Ive looked at alot of these forums and all say the same thing for the same issue as above. Turn key to ON etc etc.

My only problem is....none of my doors switches work. None of the windows will roll up or down. So I cant tell if this will even work. In fact i can say that it doesn't cause i've tried it a few times. It all started like most people say, i disconnected the battery, they worked for a few days, the auto stopped, then couldnt control other doors from driver side. But thats where the similarities seem to end. Checked the fuse and its good. Is this something i should just cave in and go to the dealer?

Any thoughts?
All 7 switches do not work? 4 on the driver's side, 1 on the passenger's side, 1 back seat left, 1 back seat right?

It sometimes works or never works? Disconnecting the battery works? Verified fuse (connect with another one)?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a unique problem... Its exactly the opposite of what you are saying above, all the windows work from their windows, the driver door controls nothing, not even the driver door window, but the driver door window will roll down, and will roll back up after i try a few HUNDRED times. It is very frustrating, just drove home in the rain with my driver window all the way down. It started after the morning dew settled on my car while my idiot self left the window cracked open. Is something shorted out? I checked the fuses already

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a problem were the drivers window works, but none of the others do, even from their own switches.

I'll try the setup procedure on the drivers window tomorrow, see if that does anything,

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im having a similar issue but the reset thing didn't work. Replaced my battery and only the drivers door lights up and works now. No power to any other doors... just bought this damn thing lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just had a similar prob but the solution was to press and release the child safety button on the drivers door panel. Doh!!
Yep, that makes sense.

I have the same issue.. Only the drivers window works while none of the other windows will work from their own controls or the drivers control.

My child safety switch does not click / engage when pressed (should it?) - I just got the car.. 2008 M6 Luxury Sports hatch

If it should click / engage then I assume I have a faulty switch panel which is engaged in the child lock position..

Any help / advice appreciated

M

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Guys- this may help someone-- -I ordered a switch GJ6A--66-350A for my May 2003 Mazda 6 - However ,they sent me a UB9D66350 which turns out to be Ford Ranger/Mazda BT50 -- Being a newbie I trusted what I was sent and fitted the one sent! Big mistake! Blew all fuses ! - I refitted my old one meantime and and at least driver window is working-( I will try what is said above coz remaining windows are not now working) My message here is that these two switches WILL interchange and will connect up - the harness plugs WILL go in but if you have to turn them around before pushing in THEN YOU HAVE THE WRONG SWITCH ! To be sure place your old switch beside the new one -if there is any difference in height you have a problem, if the harness sockets look back to front you have a problem- if the word AUTO is on the left toggle you have a problem! One other thing, they are very different internally-I carefully prized them both apart to see if I could swap my broken toggle------ Hope this info may help some other newbie

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Yep, that makes sense.

I have the same issue.. Only the drivers window works while none of the other windows will work from their own controls or the drivers control.

My child safety switch does not click / engage when pressed (should it?) - I just got the car.. 2008 M6 Luxury Sports hatch

If it should click / engage then I assume I have a faulty switch panel which is engaged in the child lock position..

Any help / advice appreciated

M
You need to retrain them. Guess you didnt search the board first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, I am about to Train these switches now- You are right, I did not read here first,just assumed I had the right part and it looked identical so I went ahead and fitted it- the only reason was a wobbly left rear toggle which annoyed me! -- all windows worked fine prior to fitting wrongly supplied switch!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts