Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Mazda 6 GH
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a question that I'm hoping can be answered. All ideas welcomed.
I have a 2008 Mazda 6 GH.
The electric power steering went on me after the car battery was completely drained (the leak causing the battery to drained out is a different story). The mechanic diagnosed and the ECU was replaced.
Since then my battery died again and upon jump starting the power steering light came up and the steering wheel was rock hard to turn, so the mechanic came, restarted everything with his computer and it worked fine.
Yesterday I was parked at a petrol station and the power steering failed when I turned the engine back on. By some miracle after about 20 mins when I turned the engine back on it went away and I could drive it again.

Does anyone know what is causing this to happen? Would hate to be stuck somewhere remote and have this happen.

Also on a separate note my battery keeps draining because the door ajar indicator on the dash and the lights inside keep randomly coming on. So it completely drained my battery if I don't catch it in time. Also meals if that I can't always lock the car without going around and closing all the doors.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Super Moderator
17,386 Posts
Sorry, for some reason the site made me approve this before it was posted publicly. All good!

Unfortunately, I don't know what might be going on with your power steering, but hopefully someone does.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts