Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still looking for springs and have heard good things about both. I would like to get some feed back from those out there who have them. I'll be running stock shocks for now and planning on sway bars. I drive a lot for my job so these cant be really stiff but really fun on the curvy roads that I drive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a set of TEIN S.techs with OEM shocks and 18" Work rims on my '04 Mazda 6...after about 70k miles, the right rear spring started to sag, and the wheel rubs against the inside of the well when I hit hard bumps.

I decided to replace them with a set of Eibachs from RaceInspired.com. I'm going to pick them up on Monday. I'm hoping that they'll be a little less harsh than the TEINs were, and I think the extra 1/2 inch in front ride height will make it easier getting in and out of driveways (I've scraped the front bumper/chin so many times I've long since lost count), while still keeping the aggressive appearance and improved handling I've become used to.

I'll try to make it a point to post back with my thoughts/comparison between the two brands after I give them a go for a bit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info and I would appreciate the feedback on the Eibachs

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got the Tein S too but I added the Koni adjustable shocks n struts to better match the spring rate. Have not had an issues, got about 50k on them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got the Tein S too but I added the Koni adjustable shocks n struts to better match the spring rate. Have not had an issues, got about 50k on them.
Interesting. I found the combination of the Teins and OEM shocks to be really harsh, unbearably so at times. Probably good for track use, but for every day driving, especially on rough or uneven roads, I wouldn't recommend them.

I've put probably about 1,000 miles on the Eibachs now, and wow...the difference is like night and day. So much smoother and pleasant to drive on. The front sits about 1/2" higher than the Teins did, but I actually prefer this...as now the car looks agressive, without looking "slammed". Plus I don't scrape the chin every time I go near a curb.

The ride is still firm and communicative, but I don't feel every little imperfection like I did with the Teins, and breaks and joints in the pavement are now swallowed up with a mild thud instead of a harsh crash. We'll see how they hold up long-term, but for now, I couldn't be happier with them. Definite thumbs-up from me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was looking at S-Techs myself. After reading this, I am gonna have to do more research.

Hey Triple G, got any side shots of your ride?

Understandably I understand the consequences of a "slammed" look but I want to see what it looks like on a M 6s

I got a 06 myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts