Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used Eibach's on all my previous cars before and I never had problems with them. I just wanted to know if the Eibach's available for the MS6 are easy to install meaning, no cutting or mods need to be made to install them? and do these lower the car enough? Pro Kit or Pro Line?
I'm planning on getting RX8 wheels.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Chris, I was wondering the same thing before I bought my Autoexe springs. From what I gathered here on this forum, the Eibach springs are spec'd for a regualr FWD V6 3.0L Mazda6 sedan and hatchback. Members who have this application seem to like the results and their cars look fine.

Autoexe springs on the otherhand are from Japan and are spec'd specifically for the MS6 AWD. I was a little skepital until the box arrived and the label was written as "MS6 Aetnza" in Japanese.

If you read the threads for the Autoexe springs you will find some members are willing to spend the extra $ for an application specifically for the MS6, including myself.

I pretty sure the installation is a standard spring swap deal (air tools and a spring compressor for the fronts would help) but I cut my bumper stops in the rear by two notches to allow the OEM shock to go through its full compression since the car is lowered.

At any rate I'm sure I'll be going though shocks pretty fast because at this time there is nothing spec'd for the MS6 with a shorter shock body.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris, I was wondering the same thing before I bought my Autoexe springs. From what I gathered here on this forum, the Eibach springs are spec'd for a regualr FWD V6 3.0L Mazda6 sedan and hatchback. Members who have this application seem to like the results and their cars look fine.

Autoexe springs on the otherhand are from Japan and are spec'd specifically for the MS6 AWD. I was a little skepital until the box arrived and the label was written as "MS6 Aetnza" in Japanese.

If you read the threads for the Autoexe springs you will find some members are willing to spend the extra $ for an application specifically for the MS6, including myself.

I pretty sure the installation is a standard spring swap deal (air tools and a spring compressor for the fronts would help) but I cut my bumper stops in the rear by two notches to allow the OEM shock to go through its full compression since the car is lowered.

At any rate I'm sure I'll be going though shocks pretty fast because at this time there is nothing spec'd for the MS6 with a shorter shock body.
[/b]
Thx man. Then I must reconsider the Eibach purchase. Yes there is a $200 difference in price but it might be worht it.
About cutting the bumper stops in the rear, is this an easy thing to do or need a special tool for it?

How fast you think you will go thru the OEM Shocks after lowering?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
The bumper stops are easy to cut. They're hollow in the middle and the rubber is really soft. I'd use a utility knife.

Hard to say on the life of OEM's with a lowered car. Most of my driving is highway and I'm driving alone so the shocks are damping freeway expansion joints and uneven highway surfaces.

I'm going to monitor my shocks more often for leaks but if I was a betting man, I would guess 12k-15k on OEMs on a lowered car but that's a guess.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bumper stops are easy to cut. They're hollow in the middle and the rubber is really soft. I'd use a utility knife.

Hard to say on the life of OEM's with a lowered car. Most of my driving is highway and I'm driving alone so the shocks are damping freeway expansion joints and uneven highway surfaces.

I'm going to monitor my shocks more often for leaks but if I was a betting man, I would guess 12k-15k on OEMs on a lowered car but that's a guess.
[/b]
THX man, I would guess the same too.... so that would give me some time to save up and get a nice set of KONI's or something.... I just saw a group buy for the Autoexe springs but no price was mentioned, how much did you pay for you're set?

THX
Chris.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
$447 shipped to Sac.

·
Registered
204 Posts
As with almost every mod available, I would like to do it, but have questions. I want the Eiback Sport Line springs- they are the lowest. Which would give me the best handling overall? Keep in mind I'm young, and do not care at all about ride quality.

·
Registered
706 Posts
What's with spring manuf. who think one spring fits all bodies? Tells you who really does R&D for each specific application.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts