Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you go on the eibach website (www.eibach.com), they have springs for the speed6, but no matter what dealer I go to, I can not find them...Anyone find them?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just so all of you know, eibach put the normal 6 springs out for the ms6. They said they fit, which they do, but there will be no upgrade in performance, but actually a decrease because the ms6 springs are 35% stronger in the rear and 27% stronger in the front than the normal 6, and the eibachs are only 30% stronger than the normal 6 so the only thing you are gaining is a lower stance and less performance. Thought you all should know.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Handling performance correct?

Since I don't see how it can slow you down, one way some people view performance.

The V6 Springs for the sedan go on the Mazdaspeed6. So some shops/websites if you see the Mazda6 sedan sprinsg for cheap, go for it :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just so all of you know, eibach put the normal 6 springs out for the ms6. They said they fit, which they do, but there will be no upgrade in performance, but actually a decrease because the ms6 springs are 35% stronger in the rear and 27% stronger in the front than the normal 6, and the eibachs are only 30% stronger than the normal 6 so the only thing you are gaining is a lower stance and less performance. Thought you all should know.
[/b]

A little clarification on that..... The Mazda quote of 35% and 27% stiffer springs on the Speed 6 are based on the 6i 2.3L model, since both are the 4 cyl motor. The Eibach Pro Kit set that is shared with the 6s is in fact a 30% increase in spring rates over stock - for the 6 cyl model! The 6s is a heavier car, and thus the spring rates are already higher that a 6i to start with, and then increased by 30% More in the Pro-Kit that is used on the Speed 6!

I can tell you for certain that the Pro-Kit installed on my Speed 6 IS STIFFER than the stock springs were. Also the Progreesive rate springs in the front are a noticable difference in feel when at the cornering limits of the car. The Stock linear rate springs were more "mushy" at the limits of traction.

Of course both of these sets of springs are much stiffer than the Wife's stock 6i suspension.....

BTW - if anyone is interested in a set of real Mazdaspeed 6 springs, I have a set for sale with just over 2K miles on them :)

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
that is correct. If you want more performance, you need to go with a coilover system
[/b]
As you would say... FALSE! :D A set of lowering springs with properly valved shocks are equally good compared to coilovers performance wise. Pretty much all you get with coilovers is the height adjustability.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
dabears2k
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing