Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just got off the phone with Eibach and my distributor. The Eibach Pro-Kit for the 2003 Mazda6 will begin shipping the first week of April. They are currently in bound from the factory in Germany via cargo ship and will not arrive in North America until the first week of April (According to the guy on the phone).

List price for the Eibach springs is $329. We are currently taking pre-orders for them in our store for $279 plus shipping. We will be organizing a group buy for these springs as in the next couple of weeks. If we can get 15 people to buy the springs, then we can get a much better price on them and pass those savings along to the members of Mazda6Club.com The price of the group buy has yet to be determined, but it will be a decent amount below our retail price.

I have seen other posts on the boards about these springs, so if anyone has questions, just reply here or email me: [email protected]

The drop for both the 6i and the 6s is 1.5" Front and 1.4" Rear. I asked them for the specific spring rates, but they did not have that data at this time. We wil update our online store to show this information as soon as Eibach can tell us.

Thank You,

Nikolas

·
Registered
464 Posts
Reading Topic: Eibach Springs for the Mazda6, Release date of April 2003

too bad half of us are waiting to get the hatch next year in the US or else there would be tons of buyers!

Good info

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

still waiting on mines. should be here this friday on special order from my boy's shop. ;)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Eibach Springs for the Mazda6, Release date of April 2003'

How does your guy order them if they are not in the USA yet? Does he order from Europe directly?

Nikolas

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hmmmm that is odd.. According to the guy I spoke with at Eibach USA the springs will not be ready to ship from their warehouse until the first week of April.....

Nikolas

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

i dunno, he said they had a few sets already finished and sent them out. i got one of those. it should be here tomorrow. it cost me $289 + tax. since the shop is a matter of mins away.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

Anyone know what height the eibachs will drop the front fender clearance and wheel well gap too?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

This is great news, my only concern is dropping without a good set of shocks, eibach proline are technically suppose to be ok with stock shocks, but if your going to go to the effort and $$$ you might as well replace the shocks and never mess with your suspension again

·
Registered
303 Posts

How's H&R springs? despite the price, how's the performance compare to Eibach's Pro Kit? since H&R is already out for the 6, I'm thinking about getting those...any suggestions?

·
Registered
464 Posts

I dont know from personal experience but I know for Nissans most of the people who bought springs would only buy Eibach, H&R, and B&G springs.

·
Registered
303 Posts

I'm wondering why people are willing to wait for Eibach spring..is it because of the price? or both price and performance....:sarc

·
Registered
657 Posts

H&R are good, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The only problem H&R had from my experience was with their cup kits (shocks & springs in one package) having a bad run, and the shocks were breaking off. As far as I know, this only affected VW MK4 models though, not sure about any other lines.

·
Registered
303 Posts

does anyone know if aftermarket shocks are needed for lowering with either eibach or H&R springs? will it damage the suspension on the M6 if not using aftermarket shocks?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by masteryang

does anyone know if aftermarket shocks are needed for lowering with either eibach or H&R springs?[/b]
Since there are none available (except JDM Mazdaspeed $$) it's kind of a mute point.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

damn Eibach Sales Rep told my guy a white lie. he said they had 5 in the wareouse to send out. but those were for the test cars and said they would be out late March / April. so i got my money back and am pissed like crazy! fukkin sales rep!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Eibach Springs for the Mazda6, Release date of April 2003'

I've had Eibachs on the car for a couple of months. I like the way they ride, and the way the car handles, even with the stock shocks. I had the car on the track a few weeks ago, and I must say I was impressed.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Eibach Springs for the Mazda6, Release date of April 2003'

Whoa! How'd you get them?

Elaborate on the ride and handling, please. That certainly seems like an aggressive drop (for the stock shocks, anyway).

Oh, and of course, congratulations on your first post and welcome to the board!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by LA Auto Show

I've had Eibachs on the car for a couple of months. I like the way they ride, and the way the car handles, even with the stock shocks. I had the car on the track a few weeks ago, and I must say I was impressed.[/b]
Pictures???? :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts