Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm right in the middle of installing Eibach springs on my 6 and I was wondering if I should cut the bump stops?

Edit: Nevermind, we did some searching and found a topic with our answer.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm right in the middle of installing Eibach springs on my 6 and I was wondering if I should cut the bump stops?

Edit: Nevermind, we did some searching and found a topic with our answer.
[/b]

Post picture when you are complete.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a little dark, we finished and went to get some food and now it's bed time for me. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No we didn't cut the stop....we were reading through a couple threads and found it to be a matter of personal preference and we didn't see a reason to do it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
No we didn't cut the stop....we were reading through a couple threads and found it to be a matter of personal preference and we didn't see a reason to do it.
[/b]

How do you like'em? I had mine put on about a month ago. have you had a chance to get out and really test them? when I was in sata cruz last weekend took it over Hecker pass and got a little wheel rub in the right rear tire.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you like'em? I had mine put on about a month ago. have you had a chance to get out and really test them? when I was in sata cruz last weekend took it over Hecker pass and got a little wheel rub in the right rear tire.
[/b]

I've noticed that even with the stock 17's, if I hit a bump in the road a little hard I get some rubbing on the back side. At least I thought I heard it. I like them so far! They give the car a much more aggressive and sexy look. I haven't really tested them yet, but Autocross season is starting so I'm sure I'll get plenty of attempts. This Sunday we're doing Magnaflow exhaust. Magnaflow exhaust + CP-E intake on the V6 = hot!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, you wanted pics? Here you go! By the way, it's been stormy the last couple of days so I appologize for the shitty look of my car. It'll get a bath soon! Also, remember that these are fresh after install and need to have time to settle some, so the car will probably be lower than it is now.

Stock Height:

After install:

Front tire stock height:

Front tire after install:

Back tire stock height:

Back tire after install:

My car in the air waiting for new springs:

Spring comparisons (stock - right vs. eibachs - left):

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not too much of a drop with those, eh? they'll settle a little over time. it is more noticable further away and looks good.
[/b]

It's a 1.5" drop all around or supposed to be. As I said, they're not completely settled yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
RenoM6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing