Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was going to tint my windows for X-Mas until she found out the legal limit here is 87% (almost clear) and if you get a ticket it is considered a moving violation with a point and $200 fine and proof of removal. So she is going to get me some springs instead even though she hates all the money I spend on my car, thats love! What kind should she get me? I was thinking of going with Eibach. What is the difference between Pro and Sportline?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The drop... Depends on how low you want to go..

The sportlines will lower you staggerd. 2.0 in the front. 1.8 in the rear. and are proggressive.. I think the Pro's are too. Dont' quote me on that part though.

no clue what the Pros' drop it too.

There are pics in my link below for my cardomain site to see the sportline drop.

P.S. The tint law in Cali for the front is 70%. The windows come factory at 75%. and for the rear you can go as dark as you would like.

Here in Iowa it's 75% front and anything rear. but I have mine at 17% all the way around. So far I've gotten one $65 ticket and thats it.. I just hate how it looks when you see no tint up front and tint in the back lol

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/CA/

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the reply. I know the Pro lower it 1" and 1.5" but is that the only difference? Also I'll be getting 225x45x18s next month, fender rolling is a must for Sportline right? Also staying with stock shocks for now. How long do you think they'll last?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Thx for the reply. I know the Pro lower it 1" and 1.5" but is that the only difference?
[/b]
Yeah. To my knowledge that is the only difference is the drop height and stiffness, I beleive they are both proggressive springs. I also beleive the Sportlines are alot more stiffer as well.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I have heard that eibahcs have a problem where they will start to sag in the rear.. I havn't experienced this myself. but have heard about it on the pro kit from a few people..

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I'm gonna try the sportline, but as to my other question about keeping my stock shocks for now, how long do you think they'll last?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I think I'm gonna try the sportline, but as to my other question about keeping my stock shocks for now, how long do you think they'll last?
[/b]
Impossible to tell. I did my install around the begining of summer or so. Still on stock shocks with no problem. I have a set of Koni's in the closet though.

With the sportlines. I would suggest at the least. making sure you have enough to get new ones, Just incase. It could go 1 mile or 1,000 miles or 10,000 miles who knows... with the sportlines. It's going to be alot of stress on the shocks though. so defiently make sure you are prepared..

I would suggest. if you can afford it. To get the Koni Yellow's why you are at it and just do it all together.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Planning on it!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She ordered them tonight from RPM! Should be here in a week or so, hopefully. I also talked to the guy at the tire shop about the Geforce Sport Radials that I'm getting, just to make sure that they were what I wanted, and because I feel like I'm doing something to further the progression of my car. I cant wait to install the Sportlines!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
She ordered them tonight from RPM! Should be here in a week or so, hopefully. I also talked to the guy at the tire shop about the Geforce Sport Radials that I'm getting, just to make sure that they were what I wanted, and because I feel like I'm doing something to further the progression of my car. I cant wait to install the Sportlines!
[/b]
Congrats. hope you like them.. I havn't had any complaints about mine so far lol..

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fianally got them! I also baught some clear corners from Highspeed6, Thx for the speedy delivery!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put the springs on today! With a little guidance from my buddy on the first on I was able to complete the rest on my own. Now I just need my new wheels. Stock photo first.

After!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thx man! They looked good on your car also, do you have more or are you putting the stock ambers back on?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those look great! With the lighting they dont look blacked out.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
that drop looks great almost no wheel gap and that's on stock 17"s. i'm wanting springs very badly but i was thinking lowering springs with stock rims wouldn't look right but that definetly looks good.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts