Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eh Please dotn flame...i read up, but i did not find anythin bout this specific question...

i have installed my front eibach pro kit with the tokico's...

but i am not sure, if i need the bumper stopper or not...i still put it back in...but i woudl like an opinion of the pros on the board...shoudl i cut it one bump, take it out completely, or jsut leave it...

thanks in advance...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Eh Please dotn flame...i read up, but i did not find anythin bout this specific question...

i have installed my front eibach pro kit with the tokico's...

but i am not sure, if i need the bumper stopper or not...i still put it back in...but i woudl like an opinion of the pros on the board...shoudl i cut it one bump, take it out completely, or jsut leave it...

thanks in advance...
[/b]
You need to cut one or two bumps off. You do not want to remove it all together. I have the Tein S-Type Springs and cut I off two bumps.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aight cool...thanks man...
i will attempt to cut it out, without takin the wohle thing aprt again...cuz i had a real royal pain in the ....takin off the bolts...i ended up doin it way diff then then writeups...just cuz the bolts were so stuck on...

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the same combo (Eibach with Tokico) and had a dealer install them. I don't know if they cut the bump stops? But a big difference in the ride, especially with Progessive rear sway. If the bumps stop are not trimmed does it cause any real problems?

·
Registered
160 Posts
The only problem you may run into is, being the car is lower, it is also closer to the bump stops. If you hit a big bump, you may hit the bump stop and it will not feel to good. Cutting them gives you a little more travel, so you don't have to worry about hitting them.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya the suspension travel was also my concern...so i m thinking that if cuttin two stops off the bumper stop will add an extra inch of travel...that means, u woudl be back to basicaly where u started in terms of suspension travel...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I wouldn't trim more than one rib. When I swapped the Eibachs for RB, my front bump stops had like a 3mm ring sheared from the top...it was just like chillin in the boot when I dissassembled everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts