Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Reading Topic: Eibach installed with Pics

I was considering the springs as well.
How much should I expect to be charged to install them and check the alignment?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

drop looks good man, looks like you have about 1 inch or so of clearance in the wheel well, which is about perfect. I think I even know where your parked in those pics :)

·
Registered
303 Posts

what's the size of your wheel and offset? and does it rub when you make a sharp turn? I remember you said your wheel stick out..so i'm just curious if it touch your fender when turning.. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Eibach installed with Pics'

What size wheels and tires are you running? How much space is there between the tire and fender? Also, in that second pic it looks like the Mazda badge on the trunk has been "grayed" out. Is that just the angle of the pic or did you paint it? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks,
Sixy Lady

·
Registered
611 Posts

Ohh.. definatly looking nice. Anyone put them on with stock 17" rims yet? I'd love to see how that looks also.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Originally posted by eduartejr

Hey Dude,
Did you get an alignment after dropping it??[/b]

It's only a little more than a 1.5 inch drop. No alignment should be necessary.

Looks good by the way.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by Kincaid

Originally posted by eduartejr

Hey Dude,
Did you get an alignment after dropping it??[/b]

No alignment should be necessary.[/b][/quote]

No alignment in the front is possible, except toe. You could always find one of those shops that offers to check your alignment for free, just to verify the front toe.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I have a buddy with a shop. He charged me $150 for labour. It is not too bad.

Brillo, I have about less than an inch fender clearance. Overall, it looks good.

No, I have not done an alignment. The rear stock A Arm has camber adjustment on it. Very interesting. Although changing camber will also change the tract width of the vehicle. I don't see the need for an alignment. I will let you guys know if I see camber wear on tires.

The wheels are 17x7 ADR Kasai with +48mm offset. Yes, it sticks out of the fender more comparing to stock wheels and tires. No, it does not rub the fender at all even after the drop and during hard cornering. This should give those guys who are running with less than +48mm and bigger wheels and tires some ideas.

all the original chrome trim on my car has been grey'ed out and the mazda 6 batch and v6 batches deleted. I just like my cars a little darker.

·
Registered
90 Posts

redss - the car looks SWEET! Wonder if Whodiddy has his yet. I would love to his car lowered as I've got the same color as he does.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I think those 18" chrome on whodiddy's car does not have enough positive offset, the tires might rub the fender. Mine barely clears and I have +48mm.

·
Registered
90 Posts

I'm guessing that you've the stock Miche's on your rollers. I wonder how it'd look with lower profile tires... Whodidy's wheels, coupled with low-pro tires, seems as if they're the same size as the stock 17's with the stock rubber... So he MAY not have a problem with his offset. I dunno... We'll see.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

The wheels are finished in HMC black coating. It has a gunmetal appearance at night but it glows when the sun hits it.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Eibach installed with Pics

How much does the kit cost and what exactly is included with it?

Also, how's the ride? I can't stand some aftermarket suspensions setups because they make the car bouncy.

Edit:
Alright, I'm sorry I just check your other post and saw the description. However, you don't think its too bouncy (do you understand what I mean by bouncy? think honda civic)

·
Registered
464 Posts

springs are only bouncy on cars such as nissans and hondas when you use the stock shocks/struts. They arent designed for the increased spring rates and for the lowering of the car which you get with aftermarket springs. You are supposed to optimally use aftermarket dampers such as AGX's

·
Registered
656 Posts

Are ther any aftermarket struts/shocks for the 6 yet? If there aren't any out yet won't the 6 bounce just like any other car? I know the 6 has some new suspention setup on it but, doesn't it still use struts up front and shocks in the rear?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by joboy77

Are ther any aftermarket struts/shocks for the 6 yet? If there aren't any out yet won't the 6 bounce just like any other car? I know the 6 has some new suspention setup on it but, doesn't it still use struts up front and shocks in the rear?[/b]
Shocks on the front (not struts); shocks on the rear.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts