Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting for the backorder to come in, I have my EGT. Now where do I place the sensor?? I've read that you want the sensor placed over the hottest piston. Where the hell is that? Is this something I can call the dealer and ask? A friend of mine said he is willing to help, and he offered to place the sensor at the downpipe, but I'm wondering if there is a better place. I'm also hoping to buy cpe's turbo back exhaust at somepoint, so I'd rather not have to change the sensor later.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
106 Posts
After waiting for the backorder to come in, I have my EGT. Now where do I place the sensor?? I've read that you want the sensor placed over the hottest piston. Where the hell is that? Is this something I can call the dealer and ask? A friend of mine said he is willing to help, and he offered to place the sensor at the downpipe, but I'm wondering if there is a better place. I'm also hoping to buy cpe's turbo back exhaust at somepoint, so I'd rather not have to change the sensor later.

Thanks all.
[/b]
The hottest piston is usually the one that gets the poorest air circulation. If I had to guess I would say it would be driver side.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
That's true. Until somebody screws around with an extra exhaust manifold and gauges all four, we won't know for sure though. In december I'm going to Lightspeed performance (local shop) to have them do me up an egual length head exhaust manifold, turbo, and dp, I might go ahead and have them check that for me on the mock up so I can have one in the proper location on the polished one.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so I placed the probe on the manifold about 2-3 inches from the engine, where the 4 ports come together. Then on my ride home, with cruise control on, I hit an EGT of 1600F. That seems F'n hot to me, anyone else have a EGT on their cars yet?

Also, I have the oil pressure guage all ready to go, but can't find a good spot to place the sensor. Anyone try one of these yet? The bottom of the engine is not sensor friendly! Any ideas would be helpful.

Later all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts