Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I recently acquired this Mazda 6 2.2D and it seems the EGR valve probably needs a good cleaning. I bought some EGR cleaner and I've removed the exhaust which I believe goes from the EGR valve to the intake manifold. It actually wasn't bad at all. I didn't dismantle anything else because I wasn't sure what to remove next. Is there a guide somewhere on how to properly remove the EGR valve and give it a good cleaning? I couldn;t find one on YouTube. Only a few for the old Mazda 6 I think, but it's a different engine. The EML code it is throwing up is P0401. Thanks all!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting to hear this, I bought a 2014 Mazda6 2.2D, around the same time, shortly coming out of the garage, engine inspection warning, turns out, its EGR, Garage wanted it for 2 hours, 3 days later its still in the garage, so, is this a common fault to expect in this car I wonder? hope not..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure how common this is. I left mine in to a local garage and they tested the EGR valve. It seemed good, so the cleaned it out but that didn't sort the problem. I've had the car about a month now and the light is still on, but I don't experience any symptoms whatsoever. The car drives great and isn't right at idle etc. I'm going to clean out the throttle body to see if that helps. Not sure where to go after that.

I'm guessing yours isn't the EGR valve either, which is why it's probably taking so long for the garage to work out where the problem is. Let me know when you get yours sorted if you don't mind. We could have a similar issue. Hope you get it sorted soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
you could be right, I will definitely let you know. Fingers crossed, might get a little more economy from it, I was hoping for more than 45!! but hey ho, I am liking the car

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got my car back last night, after they replaced the EGR Cooler. no warnings, well, at least for 50 miles until I got home, then it came back on, so, I will be calling the garage shortly!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts