Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm seeking your help in finding this part.

I have ordered this part from two different suppliers, and what I have received is a wrong part (a vapor canister solenoid, for example.

I thought it was enough to look for a "EGR solenoid" for the car, but I'm coming to understand I need a part number. Even better would be to locate a place where I can purchase it?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Are you talking about the "EGR Boost Sensor Solenoid"? not the acutal EGR Valve, right? The things on the firewall?

also, check the one that's currently on the vehicle. Sometimes there's a part number on there..

before buying anything.. confirm it's function

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
if you remove the solenoid off of the metal bracket there is often a stamped/etched part number on the flat plastic part. Try that.

I think OEM is a Mitsubishi part #: K5T49096

They made a some slight changes over the years but try researching it for cross-reference

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indeed, it is a K5T49096. When I google this, two other part numbers appear as well; K5T49090 and K5T49091. From your knowledge, would you agree they are compatible?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I am not 100% certain on how they do the part numbers for these item but I think it could be compatible.

If that's the only choice you have available in your region, I would buy from a source that you can return the item if needed. Probably check the dealership prices and compare w/online. They should also have a system that can do part number comparison.

Or if you have a salvage yard in your area, see if they have some 1st Gen Mazda6 laying around. Can probably solve your issue for cheap for the time being until you can source a new one. 😃

Maybe some one else can chime in on that. @everyone

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you find a place that has that part let me know ... been looking awhile now and nothing.....also thanks for that part number.... I heard LKQ has some parts if that is around you. I have a gen1 also. Starting to mod out and looking forward to seeing her in all her glory..🤗

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you find a place that has that part let me know ... been looking awhile now and nothing.....also thanks for that part number.... I heard LKQ has some parts if that is around you. I have a gen1 also. Starting to mod out and looking forward to seeing her in all her glory..🤗 View attachment 241107
I'll write and let you know if the part I ordered works. Hopes are high!

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a similar one also from RA that was only the sensor but research suggested that it is pretty hard to tell if the real fail is the sensor or if it is the solenoid. I don't recall the error code but it suggested that there was a problem with the EGR but it turns out that it is really the EGR switch (solenoid) signal which is driven by the sensor. So I swapped them both.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There is a similar one also from RA that was only the sensor but research suggested that it is pretty hard to tell if the real fail is the sensor or if it is the solenoid. I don't recall the error code but it suggested that there was a problem with the EGR but it turns out that it is really the EGR switch (solenoid) signal which is driven by the sensor. So I swapped them both.
When in the course of getting this part, I asked my tech if he could check mine. He explained he could send a test signal from his computer to the solenoid to check its operation, and found it was bad. Sold at cost. More to come!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts