Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, i have an 04 6s with a bag of goodies, awr all around, weaponx coils, msds header, 2.5 inch mandrel bend custom exhaust to magnaflow mufflers, airbox mod, now i have the egr mod, just finished cutting and sanding it down to my liking with my awesome Dremel =]. but i ran into an issue regarding the intake manifold (IM). after doing my egr my car was gasping for air and sputtering and rough idle, this was extremely confusing due to the fact that i did everything step by step based on TheGreatNY's post on how to for egr mod. there are 3 hose clamps in the back of the manifold and another hose that pulls out BUT, i noticed i had a vacuum that was hissing air, i didint notice where this vacuum connected to! its on the right side of the manifold, facing the motor it points east behind the throttle body, now my car is rough idling but i just cant find any hose that i missed im sure i connected everything properly, so i tried to plug that vacuum and??? vuoala ! no more sputtering as a matter of fact the car is running perfectly! no issues whatsoever on idle or accel or deccel, now my question is what friggin hose connects to that vacuum??? is it important?? i dont feel good doing a little quick fix plug i would like my motors hoses OE as much as i can minus the mods of course.

-Thanks

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
There is a line directly below where the TB connects to the IM. If you aren't careful the hose will actually separate from the nipple it connects two about 2" downstream of the IM. All you do is push the hose back on.
yea check below the TB. also the vac line on the egr valve

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did thx,its connected, to think that hose was hard to find during my initial mod. now i also realized my metal pipe that connects to the egr has some nasty dents and bends on it? how would i go about replacing that piping that connects to the exhaust.? seemslike a piece the dealer would only have

1 - 5 of 5 Posts