Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will there be a huge noticable difference between getting an aftermarket clutch over the stock? just thinking about getting a stage 1 when i need a new clutch.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Will there be a huge noticable difference between getting an aftermarket clutch over the stock? just thinking about getting a stage 1 when i need a new clutch.[/b]
It will be more consistent and a better feel. Might be slightly lighter pedal (at least mine was) and might grab slightly quicker. No real downfalls to it though, stage 1 is pretty much OEM replacement. It will definitely last longer than the POS mazda supplies with the car.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
at about a stage 2?[/b]
same thing pretty much, mostly a slightly shorter engagement. I have a stage 3 and I have no drive ability issues, but it is A LOT easier to burn this clutch than my oem. Any slip at all and I smell it at the next light. You may get some chatter too at low rpm starts.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Use a new Mazda Throw-out bearing though. My clutch is strong but the ClutchMasters Bearing is shot after just 1 year. Need to replace again, grrrr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
TapDatMac
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing