Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
With a speed trap of 100mph. This car should hit a couple tenths more than our car "IF" it gets better traction. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very Nice specs, I'm thinking of a trade-in although I am a M6 owner instead of an MS6 owner. Sucks when school sucks down your cash!! :laugh:

By the way I read a very nice bu short article in Car and Driver about the MS3. They liked it. I can't hand out there specs because the mag isn't here with me, oh wells...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Pin it down on a ribbon of road filled with sweeping bends and you'll find the 3 carrying almost as much speed as an Evo or STI — provided that ribbon is racetrack smooth. Mazda insists it doesn't compete with those cars, but we can't help but make the comparison. It's quick enough to require the same heightened awareness needed to drive those cars quickly and, on the right road, will get you there almost as effortlessly. In fact, with a little more grip, it would be hard for any Evo to escape a well-driven Mazdaspeed 3.
[/b]
yay!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
People will be slippin and slidin to hell in this car

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
good review...actually makes me want to go out and drive one of these...the only problem is that with great power comes great responsability...

Will the MS3 buyers turn into SRT4 buyers...I sure hope not

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
i knew it wouldnt be faster than our car nor the srt4 for that matter. but it has potential. car and driver is estimating 5.3s 13.9s btw.

·
Registered
403 Posts
i knew it wouldnt be faster than our car nor the srt4 for that matter. but it has potential. car and driver is estimating 5.3s 13.9s btw.
[/b]
Yeah, unfortunately, they only got a 5.8 and a 14.4. Have to say I'm a little disappointed, but I car more about cornering and roll-on acceleration than 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MS3 owners will very obviously become the new SRT-4 owners. anyone who's visited the 3 forums before knows its just a bunch of kids. who knows, maybe this will appeal to the same crowd that the speed6 did (ie: everyone)
[/b]
My prediction: the speed3 will outsell the speed6 by a wide margin, just like the regular 3 outsells the 6.

Yeah, unfortunately, they only got a 5.8 and a 14.4. Have to say I'm a little disappointed, but I car more about cornering and roll-on acceleration than 0-60 and 1/4 mile.
[/b]

5.8 is a very respectible 0 60 considering it's front wheel drive, but the quarter could surely be better. I'm really surprised C & D could only muster a 14.4 when Edmunds of all mags got a 14.2.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Reading that almost makes me want one. I am just not into the small car thing anymore. My next car my be the new Camaro.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reading that almost makes me want one. I am just not into the small car thing anymore. My next car my be the new Camaro.
[/b]
It's really not that small. And I could pack a lot more stuff into the back of that than my 6.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I thought those times were a little disappointing. I was figuring it would be in the low 5's with that much torque. It must be that torque management system. The rolling acceleration and passing times should be pretty good though...

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I thought those times were a little disappointing. I was figuring it would be in the low 5's with that much torque. It must be that torque management system. The rolling acceleration and passing times should be pretty good though...
[/b]
the torque management system is there to prevent wheel spin, torque steer, wheel hop, axle breakage, and all the other wonderful things that come with too much torque on an fwd. i wonder how the system will react to mods.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
My prediction: the speed3 will outsell the speed6 by a wide margin, just like the regular 3 outsells the 6.[/b]
That would be hard to come true, considering that they're bringing over less MS3s than they did MS6s. Only 5000 MS3s compared to 7000 MS6s.

They're certainly going to make a lot more money on each one of them though.

·
Registered
829 Posts
MS3 owners will very obviously become the new SRT-4 owners. anyone who's visited the 3 forums before knows its just a bunch of kids. who knows, maybe this will appeal to the same crowd that the speed6 did (ie: everyone)
[/b]
Heh, you mean no one? (well short of 5000 people in the US anyway)

That would be hard to come true, considering that they're bringing over less MS3s than they did MS6s. Only 5000 MS3s compared to 7000 MS6s.

They're certainly going to make a lot more money on each one of them though.
[/b]
Hmmm...just cause they made 7000 6s and 5000 3s doesn't mean they can't sell 5000 3s and 50 6s like they did this year. Okay, not 50, but you get the point. I think there's probably a bigger profit margin with the MS6 AT MSRP, but I am guessing the MS6 will have to be discounted like crazy just like the '06s and the MS3s could probably go for MSRP or higher (since they are so cheaply priced to begin with, and will definitely get more favorable reviews).

·
Registered
403 Posts
[/b]
There are a bunch of kids, but I don't think the vast majority are SRT-4 kids. Most seem to like the idea that you may be able to take corners in the thing as well as go fast in a straight line. There are also some elderly folks like myself who like the practicality/speed/power combo it offers. Boy, doesn't Mazda wish the MS6 appealed to everyone. Then they wouldn't have to offer the absurd discounts they're offering and they wouldn't have to twist the dealers' arms to take the '07s.

I think the MS3 will have broader appeal because it is aimed at a demographic that isn't as likely to forego performance cars that come with AT. A good portion of the MS6's $28-$34K demographic won't even consider buying MT. Ever. Also, at $30K+, I think you find a lot of people who want an upscale image that Mazda doesn't have.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I found this article while doing a search ... even in Europe they see that Mazda is on the front edge of starting a Horsepower War...see here for mention of "Mazda": http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr...civic_is_go.htm

I guess the more I see the more I like...I find some sort of comfort when I read in Car and Driver that Mazda will only computer compromise torque if and only if you have the wheel turned to a degree...according to car and driver, you can just smoke up tires in first gear in a straight line while going after the "STi"...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts