Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic 'Edmund's review on Mazda6!'

They seem to like the Mazda6 very much!:D They like the handling (of course); the ride, the interior and the sound system (they gave it a 9/10). The cons are the tight rear space and the lack of torque. Overall a grat review from Edmunds.com

·
Registered
137 Posts

Finally good reviewers that reviewed the car. I like Edmunds more than CarandDrive any day.

·
Registered
70 Posts

jesus, i knew it was gonna be slow in the auto. 16.17 is crap and so is the 8 second to 60. 1.5 seconds behind both the altima and the accord. Its so sad. THe most amazingly styled innovative car to come out i a while and its dog slow

·
Registered
137 Posts

Originally posted by Me

jesus, i knew it was gonna be slow in the auto. 16.17 is crap and so is the 8 second to 60. 1.5 seconds behind both the altima and the accord. Its so sad. THe most amazingly styled innovative car to come out i a while and its dog slow[/b]
Then get a manual and the 0-60 can be at 6.8 sec

·
Registered
391 Posts

hehe...

Wow, the sound system looks very nice, especially the 10 inches subwoofer. Does anybody have pictures of that sub?

G

·

I read the Edmonds article on the Mazda 6 and under "Specifications and performance" they refer to the V6 engine as a 2.3L obviously it is a mistake. They also mentioned that this veh requires "Premium Unleaded". Is is the case?

·
Registered
391 Posts

Yes it's a mistake, the 2.3 is a I4. The V6 is a 3.0.

No, it doesn't require Premium Unleaded. Look in the specs at www.mazdausa.com and you'll see : the I4 and the V6 require normal gas

·
Registered
70 Posts

Im not really into manuals. They are cool for a while,b ut i live in DC and traffic would be murder with a manual. Just a pitty really. Nissan and honda can both clock sub 7 seconds with an automagic. both can run a half second faster than the manual 6 in the 1/4. but the accord and honda are both to big for my taste. so dont know what to do

·
Registered
391 Posts

...and the 2003 accord, is SO UGLY!!!! I saw one last week end. My god, I think Honda should change some designers...

The Altima is very good looking, but the interior looks cheap. My mother bought one and I tried it. Let me tell you that my Sentra looks less cheap inside...

and a major point for the 6, it's NIIIIIICE!!!! hehe

·
Registered
137 Posts

Actually, is it so important to have the car go 2 seconds faster from 0-60?
If you are into that kind of stuff, perhaps a Subaru Turbo, or Mitsubishi Lancer Evo would suit you a little bit more, those will tear your heart out 0-60 for a decent price.

My point is, that those 2 seconds you loose when choosing a Mazda automat is not important in daily use of a great car, especially not in the city traffic as you mention.

The 2 seconds you want is more to have fun with if you stand at the red lights, ready to race some sucker ! :D

I'm sure you'll shake 'em anyway with the good road handling in the Mazda. :p

·
Registered
355 Posts

In the Edmunds road test they say:
Rear-seaters get a fold-down armrest with cupholders and rear vents[/b]
Could someone explain this "rear vents" part? I haven't seen anything else in European/Asian M6 models than the cupholders... Yet another difference with US model? Or have I missed something or misunderstod? Or does it only come with the 3.0 which is not available here in Finland?

·
Registered
355 Posts

They include a 10-inch subwoofer on the back deck[/b]
Another thing I have heard being much smaller in the European editions... hmmm...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Rear vents must be those thingies under the front seat that make sure the backseaters get some air too. The sub is the same size in Europe.

·
Registered
837 Posts

You are driving a family sedan. Do you need to have that extra 2 seconds?? As long as that sedan can get you to that highway speed within 10 seconds, I think it is enough. It meets safety power for you to maneuver onto safe highway speed.

For me what is important is if the car can stay flat while taking a turn at a speed that would make other car blush. I don't want my body nor the parcels in my car flinging to the sides when I make my turn.

But if you are the type that really needs the number to satisfy you then yes go and chose something like a Subaru WRX or Altima. If you have a bit more money get the Infiniti G35 or Acura TL TypeS. These models will give you that whiplash effect you are craving.

But the 6 with 200HP+ V6 is more than enough driving a FWD family sedan. You don't want all that torque steer.

·
Registered
446 Posts

I can handle a couple of seconds slower but I didn't like the fact that Edmund's thought the Auto had poor low-mid range torque.

·
Registered
167 Posts

Another good reason for me to get the Diesel: 310 nm (~ 227 lb-ft) @ 2000 rpm :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Also, Edmunds stated that they tried a brake torque launch and shaved 7 tenths of a second off their time. So that is 7.3 seconds, which is only half a second slower than C&D's time for the manual. That sounds about right given that it's a five speed auto. Edmunds tends to have slow times anyway, because they drive like real people, and not like reviewers. Because really the 8 second time is the one people are going to get day in and day out. Who brake torque launches their automatic on a regular basis? Anyway, it looks to me that straight line acceleration is very competitive with anything in its class, and handling is a step above, which is pretty much what we all expected.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts