Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been here for a long long time. Is it not possible to edit an old post?

·
Registered
981 Posts
No, this feature is no longer available or is disabled for the time being.

I really like that feature. I hope they will bring it back as they iron out the update on this site.

·
Administrator
1,376 Posts
I guess i should take the tour....
There is also a lot of good info here:

Jeff M

·
Rally Racer
2,277 Posts
It is unfortunate that editing is no longer allowed after time. I understand when editing removed all "likes" from the post but with some of the lists that I used to maintain such as Sway Bar Options (revival 2017) that list is going to have to become obsolete.
Right now I believe if I need to update availability or part number changes I must copy the entire post and start a new thread with the changes. It seems like the clutter will soon make this site difficult to use.
I also cannot go back to past posts and repair the links that no longer point to the correct page since the update.
Any work around to this would be great.

·
Administrator
1,376 Posts
It is unfortunate that editing is no longer allowed after time. I understand when editing removed all "likes" from the post but with some of the lists that I used to maintain such as Sway Bar Options (revival 2017) that list is going to have to become obsolete.
Right now I believe if I need to update availability or part number changes I must copy the entire post and start a new thread with the changes. It seems like the clutter will soon make this site difficult to use.
I also cannot go back to past posts and repair the links that no longer point to the correct page since the update.
Any work around to this would be great.
For now, you would need to reply to the thread with updates or request assistance from a mod/admin when changes are needed.

- Cricket

·
Registered
18 Posts
If I send you a link to delete a picture in a post (due to not turning of location services) is that possible?

·
Super Moderator
16,957 Posts
I am here to help people edit/remove/etc posts if necessary while they work on updates, Cricket has enough on his hands :) - I've already helped several people so I don't mind.

·
Super Moderator
16,957 Posts
@Administrator Hey Cricket, any word on potentially adding things like custom badges back to the site, or maybe a section on the home page to showcase a car each month? I ask because 6OTM is kind of dying at the moment since there's no way for people to show off that they've earned the title.

I also noticed that I've got a nice little shield under my image now and some people like DrFeelGood have little stars, but I can't seem to find what these mean. I assume it's for being a Moderator and his is for being a lifetime member and/or top contributor.

·
Administrator
1,376 Posts
This is from the most recent update earlier in the week.

Community Members,

We would like to highlight two new feature improvements with this week’s release.

Badging

We appreciate all our community members and guests. Some of you have taken on additional roles as site moderators, premium members, and sponsoring businesses. As an acknowledgment of your efforts, you are identified now through member badges on your avatar. This should help your fellow community members find and recognize you more easily!

Premium and Lifetime Premium members have a star and circle around their avatar.

Vendors have a storefront at the bottom of their avatars

Premium Vendors have a storefront and circle around their avatar.

Our community staff members are identified by the lightning bolt at the bottom of their avatars.

Premium staff members have a lighting bolt and a circle around their avatar.

Compact Layout

Thank you for all the feedback on the layout and placement of the content. In an effort to reduce scrolling and make the design slightly more compact, we have made some adjustments. You’ve probably already noticed! Now, this can be tricky to get right for everyone but we hope this helps you navigate the site easier and faster.

- Cricket

·
Rally Racer
2,277 Posts
Is there any way to circumvent the editing restriction that follows?
"You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days "
I have been using mobile and it is easy for me to make 2-5 mistakes in one post as a result of it not scrolling to where I am typing. I post and notice that there are gross spelling errors everywhere.

I feel that since the "update" this site has been working hard to keep me from coming back.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I have been using mobile and it is easy for me to make 2-5 mistakes in one post as a result of it not scrolling to where I am typing. I post and notice that there are gross spelling errors everywhere.

I feel that since the "update" this site has been working hard to keep me from coming back.
Use tapatalk, I can give you an old version. It is now "compatible". Your phone's autocorrect can be a good thing.

·
Administrator
1,376 Posts

If you make the edit within 24 hours of your posting it will not effect the 10 edit limit.
-Philip

1 - 20 of 20 Posts