Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you're going to race someone, would it make sense to reset the ECU before the race? I honestly think (well SOTP) that my car was faster after the weekend at TWS, and feel it's gotten slower since as the ECU has remapped from a weekend of track to street driving. So would that make sense or not?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
It should remap itself already since you have been driving it since TWS.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should remap itself already since you have been driving it since TWS.[/b]

You miss the point, does having a map that knows only street driving provide as much HP as reseting it and have a fresh ECU map to start? Seriously, I hung with my buddies M3 (e46) from 50 to 120, previously he'd pull on me. I really think a reset or agressive driving adds HP to the map

Caveat to this is that he did have his brother and 4 race tires on a roof rack and I was solo in my car...

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Fresh map I would think, especially if you'd been pussy-footing around before hand.

·
Registered
595 Posts
You miss the point, does having a map that knows only street driving provide as much HP as reseting it and have a fresh ECU map to start? Seriously, I hung with my buddies M3 (e46) from 50 to 120, previously he'd pull on me. I really think a reset or agressive driving adds HP to the map

Caveat to this is that he did have his brother and 4 race tires on a roof rack and I was solo in my car...[/b]

M3's are not fast at all - mid to low 13's at best. Usually run mid-high 13's here at gateway though. I am suprised you did not beat him with the extra 350-400 lbs plus extra drag - you should have anyway.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
M3's are not fast at all - mid to low 13's at best. Usually run mid-high 13's here at gateway though. I am suprised you did not beat him with the extra 350-400 lbs plus extra drag - you should have anyway.[/b]
Yeah, only his is not stock; intake, software, headers and an exhaust. Should be pushing close to 370 crank hp now instead of the 333 stock. I need to get him dyno'd :)

Funny side story, his car is so loud now that the property management company where we work has had people file complaints as he sets off their car alarms just idling up the ramps in the parking garage!!!! They should hear it when it's in the power zone rapping out to the 8K redline :drive:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.