Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anyone have the directions for resetting the ecu. I know to disconnect the battery and plug it back in but how long do I need to wait? Also should I let the car idle for awhile before driving it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
So does anyone have the directions for resetting the ecu. I know to disconnect the battery and plug it back in but how long do I need to wait? Also should I let the car idle for awhile before driving it. Thanks.
[/b]
disconnect the battery, pump the brake a few times, then reconnect. doesn't matter about idling. the rpm will jump around on the first start up, then itll settle. it takes about 10 drive cycles before the ECU learns the new trims.

·
Registered
79 Posts
^ I thought I read in another thread that there would be problems with the automatic windows or some other bcm issues after a reset?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Simple fix, just re-program them. Easy to do. I've done it several times.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
disconnect the battery, pump the brake a few times, then reconnect. doesn't matter about idling. the rpm will jump around on the first start up, then itll settle. it takes about 10 drive cycles before the ECU learns the new trims.
[/b]
shizzam, couldn't have said it any better if i were to try myself.... :yesnod:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts