Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car into the dealer yesterday to get the ECU reflashed, and I must say it came out great! I was a little skeptical about getting it, since I've heard a lot of mixed opinions about it. I only drove it last night, but so far I haven't experienced any power loss issues like before. Now, the power pulls much more linear and feels as if boost doesn't cut off as early. Also, it shifting has become much, much smoother, giving a much more comfortable drive for those who use there MS6's as daily drivers. The biggest difference, though, is probably the lack of that sudden "jerk" of the turbo when driving. Personally, I like the fact that it's not there anymore. I've heard a lot of people say that they don't like it because it makes it feel as if the car is not pulling as hard as before, but in my opinion I feel it still does, just with a more linear power band. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the reflash, and actually with the Mazda techs as well. It was the first time taking my car into them, and when I asked about the reflash they said they didn't know about it off hand, but looked it up on the computer right in front of me. They found it, said I was correct, and said it would be no problem and that they would gladly do it right then.

On a side not, I just watched my girlfriend get into a nasty car accident yesterday. That kinda ruined the night :/

·
Registered
176 Posts
I took my car into the dealer yesterday to get the ECU reflashed, and I must say it came out great! I was a little skeptical about getting it, since I've heard a lot of mixed opinions about it. I only drove it last night, but so far I haven't experienced any power loss issues like before. Now, the power pulls much more linear and feels as if boost doesn't cut off as early. Also, it shifting has become much, much smoother, giving a much more comfortable drive for those who use there MS6's as daily drivers. The biggest difference, though, is probably the lack of that sudden "jerk" of the turbo when driving. Personally, I like the fact that it's not there anymore. I've heard a lot of people say that they don't like it because it makes it feel as if the car is not pulling as hard as before, but in my opinion I feel it still does, just with a more linear power band. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the reflash, and actually with the Mazda techs as well. It was the first time taking my car into them, and when I asked about the reflash they said they didn't know about it off hand, but looked it up on the computer right in front of me. They found it, said I was correct, and said it would be no problem and that they would gladly do it right then.
On a side not, I just watched my girlfriend get into a nasty car accident yesterday. That kinda ruined the night :/
[/b]
Hope the girlfriend is OK. Your opinion of the reflash is common on this forum. It has been given a bad name by a few who are very vocal, but generally people like it. I'm not a straight-ahead acceleration person, but I do like the twisties. The flash seems to smooth out the power response in the turns. :drive:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha actually, I take back what I said about the Mazda dealership. I opened up my hood this morning and there was basically like a jumper cable (except only with two ends) left with one end connected to one of the battery posts and the other laying loose in the engine bay. If the other end had touched the other batter post while I was driving, couldn't it have grounded my battery and potentially fried my ECU?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Haha actually, I take back what I said about the Mazda dealership. I opened up my hood this morning and there was basically like a jumper cable (except only with two ends) left with one end connected to one of the battery posts and the other laying loose in the engine bay. If the other end had touched the other batter post while I was driving, couldn't it have grounded my battery and potentially fried my ECU?
[/b]
Ouch, possible... the mechanics once left a wrench under my hood by the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts