Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought the Mazda guards for my 2011 and they look pretty identical. The holes should line up, if not, then you're only out $18. I would give it a shot. If it doesn't work, I highly recommend you get the Mazda ones.

Edit: also probably worth finding out if it comes with mounting pins. Mine came with the plastic push pins but they were longer than the regular ones to accommodate for the extra thickness.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I purchased the eBay versions for my 2016 Touring. From memory they didn't come with enough e-clips and screws, but a quick trip to Home Depot took care of that. They are identical in size and shape to the Mazda offerings.

I downloaded the PDF of the Mazda instructions and followed them when it came to putting them on.

I fitted all four without having to remove the wheels/tires. A stubby Phillips screwdriver is needed for the rears if you go that route. The fronts took all of 10 minutes to do. The rears were a PITA. You have to pull the bumper sides out from the fender to see where you need to cut the inner liner. Still pretty straightforward. My biggest regret? That I didn't put them on the car BEFORE I subjected it to a PA winter. I think they would have saved a lot of chips and rash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts