Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have seen them while shearching on there but they look almost like overlay pedals rather than screw on. I dont think they are overlays but I would probably spend the extra $$ and get the real quality pedals though. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Anyone here put on aftermarket pedals? My friend had them on his Celica, and they were pretty awesome and I was thinking about getting some for the 6. I would want really good ones, so how hard are they to put on?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I got those.
They fit perfect except the footrest. It was made for the right hand drive cars so the foot rest is curved while NA is straight. They are screw on so they won't slip off. Someone on here said they were ugly so you might want to go with the Autovation pedals...
What I did was use the ebay gas and brake pedal ones and just bought the autovation footpedal.
Installation was a little difficult for me because my drill couldn't fit down there... And IIRC, the screws weren't long enough for the gas pedal so I had to look for longer ones.
Hope this helps...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have seen them while shearching on there but they look almost like overlay pedals rather than screw on. I dont think they are overlays but I would probably spend the extra $$ and get the real quality pedals though. Just my opinion though.[/b]
what do u mean by overlay? they (ebay) provide screws and is supposed to use the screw.

thanks for ur comments..

I got those.
They fit perfect except the footrest. It was made for the right hand drive cars so the foot rest is curved while NA is straight. They are screw on so they won't slip off. Someone on here said they were ugly so you might want to go with the Autovation pedals...
What I did was use the ebay gas and brake pedal ones and just bought the autovation footpedal.
Installation was a little difficult for me because my drill couldn't fit down there... And IIRC, the screws weren't long enough for the gas pedal so I had to look for longer ones.
Hope this helps...[/b]
my ride is just so a right hand drive. so could i say the footrest will be a perfect fit?
The problem is metal pedal tend to be slippery when it is raining and ur sole are wet.

U mean drilling is required for those pedal in ebay?
thanks

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Does your footrest area look curved? IIRC I saw a picture with a right hand drive car with those pedals on and they looked like they fit... I'm not sure if it'll be perfect
Yes, drilling is required for the ebay pedals but I don't know about the footrest. (autovation footrest needed no drilling) Where would you use the screws if you didn't drill?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does your footrest area look curved? IIRC I saw a picture with a right hand drive car with those pedals on and they looked like they fit... I'm not sure if it'll be perfect
Yes, drilling is required for the ebay pedals but I don't know about the footrest. (autovation footrest needed no drilling) Where would you use the screws if you didn't drill?[/b]
Yah.. my foot rest is curve..to the right on the bottom.

I saw the pic and there's holes on those pedal. :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Some of the pedals out there use springs and clamps rather than just screw on I've know them to be called overlays.. I didnt know if these were that kind or not, obviously not because someone said they bought them and they screw on.

Anyway overlay type pedals have a tendancy to slip causing an obvious issue for safety. If people reccomend them then you should be Ok.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some of the pedals out there use springs and clamps rather than just screw on I've know them to be called overlays.. I didnt know if these were that kind or not, obviously not because someone said they bought them and they screw on.

Anyway overlay type pedals have a tendancy to slip causing an obvious issue for safety. If people reccomend them then you should be Ok.[/b]
Thanks again!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have these and love them. They look great and are a great quality. I would recommend them. Like mentioned about, the dead pedal doesn't fit exactly, but I don't find it to be a big deal and no one notices. Everyone that seems them loves them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have these and love them. They look great and are a great quality. I would recommend them. Like mentioned about, the dead pedal doesn't fit exactly, but I don't find it to be a big deal and no one notices. Everyone that seems them loves them.[/b]
thanks. i will get them and post a pic.. :)

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Yikes! They do look like they would be pretty slick if your foot is wet.

I have the Momo Grand Prix pedals on my 04 6s MTX and they provide decent grip in all weather conditions. Momo stuff isn't cheap but they have lasted me about a year with no problems. They do require drilling but I wouldn't recommend anything that doesn't. Heck, the pedals were my very first mod and I installed them myself in my driveway in the dark at night...if I can do the drilling, anybody can!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
it took me a second to figure out why it looked so weird.....but theres no clutch. ewww automatic. :laugh:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Those dont look so bad, but like it was in an earlier post be careful when your feet are wet, them things look pretty slick. IMO they would be nice with a couple of rubber strips going with the lines on the pedal. But not to bad lookin though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.