Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Has anyone purchased rotors or pads off of Ebay? I've done a good deal of research and if money was no object, I know what I would get. However, money is an object, and I am looking for the easy way out without causing myself any more trouble.

I've found these:

Mazda 6 2003 2004 2005 Brake Rotors and Ceramic Pads F: eBay Motors (item 300429145450 end time Jun-18-10 01:25:40 PDT)

Any thoughts? Anybody have experience with Autospecialty parts? I've found a few guys on other forums claiming these are indeed some name brand parts rebadged, sometimes not even rebabdged.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
the crossdrilled brakes on my 6 were bought on ebay over 2 years ago. still going strong. i didnt get a set with pads though. just the rotors. this is actually the 3rd car ive owned ive slapped ebay rotors on. havent had any issues. and all the sets have lasted years. course these are just drivers. nothing i take on a track or anything. if i actually tracked a car, i wouldnt be putting ebay brakes on it. lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
i purchased a set of front pads and rotors from ebay brakes after reading this post. they work very well. i think i pad right at $90 for ceramic pads and rotors shipped to my door. they went on m 04 mazda 6 sport wagon. i would recommend them.

brian

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I personally wouldn't touch these with a 10 foot pole. Brakes are something that I'll never skimp on...they are the only thing that'll bring you to a stop (aside from the car in front of you, that concrete lamp post on the side of the highway or that nice "cosy" ditch). When it comes to safety (ie. brakes, tires, seats, seat belts, crucial suspension components, etc.) I wouldn't ever consider saving a few bucks.

However, I've likely gone overboard in the other direction by going Stoptech and Hawk on all four corners (including a BBK in the front).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts