Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was already a thread but it was deleted by the hackers. I am posting b/c I peronally just purchased one of these off of BOMZ website. After getting an email from them they confirmed 2.5" 1 piece mendrel bent t-306 aluminum. From what I've gathered just off of short searchings that is the same as the Injen which it is most compared to? Like I said I just bought one of these for myself and I'll take pics when I get it and post them up on here. Again just wondering what anyone's take is on this and that the cp-e injen fix will work with this?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I wouldn't do it anyways, that guy from Okinawa who posted about the Bombz intake said it didn't even fit his car....just save your money, do the air box mod while your waiting, then buy CP-E..... ;)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't do it anyways, that guy from Okinawa who posted about the Bombz intake said it didn't even fit his car....just save your money, do the air box mod while your waiting, then buy CP-E..... ;)
[/b]
That's funny b/c yesterday he said he just ordered it and it won't be there for 2 weeks. :huh:

·
Registered
426 Posts
This was already a thread but it was deleted by the hackers. I am posting b/c I peronally just purchased one of these off of BOMZ website. After getting an email from them they confirmed 2.5" 1 piece mendrel bent t-306 aluminum. From what I've gathered just off of short searchings that is the same as the Injen which it is most compared to? Like I said I just bought one of these for myself and I'll take pics when I get it and post them up on here. Again just wondering what anyone's take is on this and that the cp-e injen fix will work with this?
[/b]
If the pipe diameter and the orientation of the sensor inside the pipe is identical to the Injen, then sure it'd work fine.

Also, you could buy this pipe and also buy an Apexi SAFC II and tweak your a/f to get at least as much gain as you would've got from the CP-E "injen fix". The CP-E nontunable Customer is a fairly tame a/f tweak and has to leave some power left on the table since it's not specially tuned for each car, it's altitude, weather, etc. CP-E is not going to try to push your a/f right to the hairy edge unless they had you on their dyno and you requested that, but you could certainly do that yourself with the SAFC.

BTW, what we REALLY need some is some timing control!

·
Registered
470 Posts
If the pipe diameter and the orientation of the sensor inside the pipe is identical to the Injen, then sure it'd work fine.

Also, you could buy this pipe and also buy an Apexi SAFC II and tweak your a/f to get at least as much gain as you would've got from the CP-E "injen fix". The CP-E nontunable Customer is a fairly tame a/f tweak and has to leave some power left on the table since it's not specially tuned for each car, it's altitude, weather, etc. CP-E is not going to try to push your a/f right to the hairy edge unless they had you on their dyno and you requested that, but you could certainly do that yourself with the SAFC.
BTW, what we REALLY need some is some timing control!
[/b]

Whats a decent price on the SAFC II and how difficult is it to install/tune your self?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Whats a decent price on the SAFC II and how difficult is it to install/tune your self?
[/b]
I think the best prices are about $299. There's a pin-out in the Tuning forum on Mazda Tech. That'll certainly help with the install. Tuning would be best left to a local tuner shop to maximize gains and ensure you dont lean out your mixture too much.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was thinking the greddy unit or the apexi unit might be more worth while. putting down cp-e or saying something else is/might be better is a cardinal sin on this board though. it might get you banned :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
bumpin_blazer
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing