·
Registered
448 Posts
Don't like it. Do the Home Depot Lip and be 100% happier

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive had that on like 20 times always came off since my car was dropped and driving down atlanta roads.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Kinda makes it look like an M-1 front end. I think I would just save up and buy a whole front kit for it if your wanting something different, at least you wont have to worry about the ebay thieves ripping you off and selling you stuff that doesnt fit your car.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ive had that on like 20 times always came off since my car was dropped and driving down atlanta roads.
You should reinstall the home depot lip and cut about 6-10 4" pieces of sheet metal drive cleets. Or you could call them sheet metal hangers. After they're cut and the lip is installed, lift the car with a jack and screw two sheet metal screws into the drive cleets to hold the lip in place. You want to space the drive cleets about 10-15"s apart so they keep the lip from falling.

Don't worry about rust. The front grill is plastic or fiberglass and doesn't rust. I did my home depot lip like this last year and haven't had any problems at all.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thats a pretty good idea mr. cheez, I used about 100 selftapping sheet metal screws on mine... about 1/2" to 1" apart and double sided tape. Try to find self tappers called Tek screws, they have a wide head (about 1/2" dia) and they come in a variety of lengths. Works real good with fiberglass stuff and the HD lip.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
yeah but the rubber/foam still gets chewed up from scraping on the road. i had mine attached with screws as well but it just got chewed up wherever it scraped and looked like shit after a month. looked great just does not hold up if you're lowered and have to drive up/down inclines...

·
Registered
200 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts