Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dyno'd my car at EIPRacing today.

The car peaked at 200whp @ 5500 rpms. I was so dissapointed, I was expecting 220 or AT LEAST 210-215, but 200... Ugh...

He did say his dyno (Mustang Dyno) is pretty consistently ~10whp lower than other Mustang Dynos.

So even if thats true, that only puts me at 210.

One question I have is, I accidently left the air on in the car. It was set to low @ 72 deg, A/C was not on. Is that going to make a difference?

I have the AFR sheet too, Paul at EIP said it was WAAY OFF from what it should be.

here's the dyno:

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think that's just fine. Nothing wrong there. Mustang's read low in most cases.

Was this with 91 octane? If so that is very good IMO.

·
Registered
820 Posts
yeah man, that's really good on 91, you have to remember the car pulls timing if it doesn't detect "good" gas. That would could account for a big loss in HP. The curves and the torque looks pretty solid.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that's just fine. Nothing wrong there. Mustang's read low in most cases.
Was this with 91 octane? If so that is very good IMO.
[/b]
91 octane from Chevron.

I did have the reflash done a month ago. I have abotu 6k miles on the car, NO MODS, completely stock.

Attached is the AFR.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mazda says 270hp w/91 octane for the 2007's.

Shouldnt I be getting 220 at the wheel?

Or considering his dyno is 10 less than average, shouldnt I be getting about 210?

He did say a stock STI gets about 215 or so on his dyno.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
What did they charge you for the Dyno?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Can someone drive my MS6 and tell me if it feels like theirs?
[/b]
Yeah, drive it over. HAHA. Just go to a dealer and test drive one. Bone stock.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, drive it over. HAHA. Just go to a dealer and test drive one. Bone stock.
[/b]
I don't trust my butt dyno.
I did test drive a 2007 before buying my 2006. Felt the same, but I'd like another opinion.

·
Registered
115 Posts
He did say a stock STI gets about 215 or so on his dyno.
[/b]

Every dyno is different. Don't worry about it. If a stock STI is getting 215whp on that dyno then 199 for a stock MS6 is just fine.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I would think that it's just the slight difference between dynos. If you had a slight leak of some sort I would think that it would probably come up shorter than what your results were.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it's just the dyno. im sure if u got on the gruppe-s one, ud be up near 220.

btw, why is there only 1 run?
[/b]
There were 3 runs, but all were very close, so he just printed the last run for me.

·
Registered
380 Posts
it's just the dyno. im sure if u got on the gruppe-s one, ud be up near 220.

btw, why is there only 1 run?
[/b]

I was gonna ask the SAME thing I hope you got more then one run, also did they blow a fan directly on the IC? Did u drive a long distance then jump right on the dyno and get heat soaked?

Now if he really dynos sti's at 215 then ur car is def where it should be. When i got mine done on a dyno dynamics i hit about 225 and the sti's run 250-255 stock. And 250-255 are the most common #'s on the dyno dynamics for them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was gonna ask the SAME thing I hope you got more then one run, also did they blow a fan directly on the IC? Did u drive a long distance then jump right on the dyno and get heat soaked?

Now if he really dynos sti's at 215 then ur car is def where it should be. When i got mine done on a dyno dynamics i hit about 225 and the sti's run 250-255 stock. And 250-255 are the most common #'s on the dyno dynamics for them.
[/b]
I drove about 40 miles in 60 degree weather to get there.
Then the car sat for about 15 minutes idling on the dyno before the runs.
All three runs were within 1-2hp of eachother.

First two runs were just a fan blowing in front of the car, then the last run was with a standard house fan strapped to the TMIC and there was no difference. I took some videos, I'll try to post them later.

The guy I was talking to drives an EVO. So I'm wondering if he meant the EVOs run 215 stock. 215 sounds really low for a stock STI but 215 sounds right for a stock EVO. I donno.

Also found a tiny coolant leak but doubt it made any difference. What about having the air on low in my car? The blower had to be running, would that eat up a few hp?

·
Registered
364 Posts
don't worry, it's the dyno

stock STi's at 215 on his dyno is right as my stock STi on the Gruppe-S dyno was 224, so reading less than other mustang dyno's is right.

Your car is fine, don't sweat it.

The key is that all subsequent dyno's going forward should be done on this dyno to gauge the effectiveness of any power improvements you make

1 - 20 of 44 Posts